The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Frenchay accomodation UWE

Is anybody looking to apply for the student village or wallscourt park and can anybody living in either give any pros and cons for them both??
Im looking to apply at those accommodations as well and was wondering the same question haha, I went to one of the open days and I like the layout of wallscourt more than the student village accommodation but worried it won't be as lively??
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by katiesarahh
Im looking to apply at those accommodations as well and was wondering the same question haha, I went to one of the open days and I like the layout of wallscourt more than the student village accommodation but worried it won't be as lively??

Yeah i thought wallscourt looked better. i think it will be lively the students told me that they still meet a lot of people especially from their courses
Aha I'm not too sure myself but I was thinking to go along with the student village.
Original post by hwilson22
Is anybody looking to apply for the student village or wallscourt park and can anybody living in either give any pros and cons for them both??

I’m going to be at Frenchay too and will probably apply for SV and Wallscourt 😊 Couldn’t think of anything worse than having to travel to uni, I’m really into partying and going out so it’s just what you make it I guess, you will make loads of friends and Wallscourt is quite big flats from what I understand of up to 12 people so going out/parties you will be with lots of other people 😊
Original post by olivia_dooner
I’m going to be at Frenchay too and will probably apply for SV and Wallscourt 😊 Couldn’t think of anything worse than having to travel to uni, I’m really into partying and going out so it’s just what you make it I guess, you will make loads of friends and Wallscourt is quite big flats from what I understand of up to 12 people so going out/parties you will be with lots of other people 😊

Hey! I’m in a ‘similar boat’ at the minute as UWE is my main and insurance choice on UCAS, so I’m hopefully going UWE regardless of my results! Basically, I’ve spoke to various students form open days and applicant days, aswell as personal friends and everyone’s said that Wallscourt seems to be the most socially active. Apparently, this is because Wallscourt is predominately ‘Townhouse’ accommodation so there’s more numbers in each house. I obviously haven’t experienced it yet, but I think that’s what I’m gonna go for! Like I say, this is just personal information which I’ve gathered from others and thought it was worth sharing :-)
Reply 6
Yeah walscourt is good. Quiet too unless theres someone outside being d*$k haha. Door on the first floor are very loud and annoying when they shut and so are all doors on top floors as they are heavy. Living with 7/11 other people is not that great. But at least you share a bathroom with one other person. I got unlucky there too😂. There are 2 laundry areas one is closer to the flat part of wallscourt. Yes wallscourt also has flats not sure what the layout there is. If you got anymore questions about uni hit me up:smile:
Original post by Ak47_21
Yeah walscourt is good. Quiet too unless theres someone outside being d*$k haha. Door on the first floor are very loud and annoying when they shut and so are all doors on top floors as they are heavy. Living with 7/11 other people is not that great. But at least you share a bathroom with one other person. I got unlucky there too😂. There are 2 laundry areas one is closer to the flat part of wallscourt. Yes wallscourt also has flats not sure what the layout there is. If you got anymore questions about uni hit me up:smile:

Ah thank you, I’ve personally been looking at the Wallscourt En-Suite accommodation, I assume they’re flats? But yeah, still unsure haha!
Reply 8
Original post by sam_curran
Ah thank you, I’ve personally been looking at the Wallscourt En-Suite accommodation, I assume they’re flats? But yeah, still unsure haha!

Yeah think they will be located in flats. But they are so much more expensive its not worth it i think!
Hey! I’m in a ‘similar boat’ at the minute as UWE is my main and insurance choice on UCAS, so I’m hopefully going UWE regardless of my results! Basically, I’ve spoke to various students form open days and applicant days, aswell as personal friends and everyone’s said that Wallscourt seems to be the most socially active. Apparently, this is because Wallscourt is predominately ‘Townhouse’ accommodation so there’s more numbers in each house. I obviously haven’t experienced it yet, but I think that’s what I’m gonna go for! Like I say, this is just personal information which I’ve gathered from others and thought it was worth sharing :-)

I have a friend who lived on Frenchay last year, she said it was very lively and that she went out all the time (which was a relief for me!) and also said the SU do loads that perhaps City Centre people may have missed out on. She said transport is also good. Considering she only lived there last year I’m taking her word for it! 😂
Original post by Ak47_21
Yeah think they will be located in flats. But they are so much more expensive its not worth it i think!

Hmm yeah I guess so - I don’t think they’re a great deal more expensive though, but I guess that depends how much you like your comforts haha!
Reply 11
Hmm yeah I guess so - I don’t think they’re a great deal more expensive though, but I guess that depends how much you like your comforts haha!

Depends how much you spend on booze and food! Hahah
Reply 12
Original post by olivia_dooner

What are you applying for, if you don’t mind me asking?x
Original post by haze.:)
What are you applying for, if you don’t mind me asking?x

Primary Education with QTS 😊 UWE is my firm 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending