The Student Room Group

Polite ways to reject girls

A girl asked me if I wanted to dance,I didn't like her so I just said 'No' and moved away. Then I heard her almost crying with her friends saying ' he doens't even look at me waah'. Are there more polite ways to reject girls?
[video="youtube;xoMgnJDXd3k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k[/video]
Original post by RoyalMarine
A girl asked me if I wanted to dance,I didn't like her so I just said 'No' and moved away. Then I heard her almost crying with her friends saying ' he doens't even look at me waah'. Are there more polite ways to reject girls?

Tbh rejecting is just preventing more long term damage so what you did wasnt even bad. Any other way could be leading them on maybe "thanks for asking but no thanks"? Fam idek

Personally i'd do what you do. Just be like Nah.

or you can like others have suggested elaborate and just talk and be friends.
Reply 4

Not really.

tbh she sounds a bit immature to react like that. Girls have pushed me away when I wanted to dance with them so you're doing the right thing.
"No thank you" I've used that before :biggrin:... then we went out.
I remember at my prom some girl asked me to dance, she was one of those queen bees and I said no because it had to be a piss take, she said "this could be your only chance" but I still said no, she said "ok." and left.
Original post by XOR_
"No thank you" I've used that before :biggrin:... then we went out.

Lol.
Original post by Longshot003
I remember at my prom some girl asked me to dance, she was one of those queen bees and I said no because it had to be a piss take, she said "this could be your only chance" but I still said no, she said "ok." and left.

Yup, that sounds like a piss take all right.
It was just a dance request, "no" seems like a pretty legit response to me :dontknow:

When a line like that comes out it is always a piss take.
Dance as in at a club or something "major" like prom? Because if it's the former no doubt alcohol was fuelling the emotion...
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Yup, that sounds like a piss take all right.

Original post by Retired_Messiah
It was just a dance request, "no" seems like a pretty legit response to me :dontknow:

When a line like that comes out it is always a piss take.

Why? i think it was more a long the lines of "you won't be able to get this chance again."
(edited 7 years ago)
Why? i think it was more a long the lines of "you won't be able to get this chance again."

When somebody actually wants to dance with you themselves I would've thought they'd try to appeal to the fact that you like them rather than appeal to the fact that you don't get chances like that often (which implicates you're somehow inferior in her eyes and she doesn't really like you much)
Smile & be like "thanks for asking but I'm alright, sorry " or something comes across as quite courteous :smile:
Why didn't you just dance with her for the sake of being nice ? It doesn't mean you have to go out with her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Orbital Rising
[video="youtube;xoMgnJDXd3k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k[/video]

she might take it the wrong way and think you are rating her...

Quick Reply

Latest