The Student Room Group

UCAS Application 2017 - Offers?

Hi

So yesterday, my school sent off my ucas application and I got my track ID so I know that the universities and colleges have received my application. I applied for law. Some of the universities include Greenwich, St.Mary, West London etc, since I want to stay in London.

I'm not expecting offers right away since I know that it may take several weeks though this doesn't stop me checking track all the time.

Since it's now the UK half term, so one week holiday, will universities and colleges still look at undergraduate applications that were sent to them and still make offers, or will they only look at the applications after the half term. Also, when there is holidays and half terms, do universities still look at applications, I didn't think so.
Original post by SabithaK
Hi

So yesterday, my school sent off my ucas application and I got my track ID so I know that the universities and colleges have received my application. I applied for law. Some of the universities include Greenwich, St.Mary, West London etc, since I want to stay in London.

I'm not expecting offers right away since I know that it may take several weeks though this doesn't stop me checking track all the time.

Since it's now the UK half term, so one week holiday, will universities and colleges still look at undergraduate applications that were sent to them and still make offers, or will they only look at the applications after the half term. Also, when there is holidays and half terms, do universities still look at applications, I didn't think so.

University holidays are different to what you're used to at school, although some students get reading weeks, the majority of universities are open the entire time once the semester starts until students go home for christmas. You'll get emails when track updates and universities could take until may if they wanted to, so although it's hard there are better uses of your time than obsessively checking track:P
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
University holidays are different to what you're used to at school, although some students get reading weeks, the majority of universities are open the entire time once the semester starts until students go home for christmas. You'll get emails when track updates and universities could take until may if they wanted to, so although it's hard there are better uses of your time than obsessively checking track:P

Oh okay, so over the one week half term holiday universities and colleges will still be open and will still look at applications and give offers, right?
Oh okay, so over the one week half term holiday universities and colleges will still be open and will still look at applications and give offers, right?

Yes they would.
Reply 4
Yes they would.

Thanks, it's just in my local area there is no wifi or internet, so I have came to the library now just so I know if over the half term will the university and colleges still look at my application and hopefully offer me my first offer soon.
Thanks, it's just in my local area there is no wifi or internet, so I have came to the library now just so I know if over the half term will the university and colleges still look at my application and hopefully offer me my first offer soon.

Not to be a big negatron, but just so you know although there's a chance of that happening, some universities wont even look at applications until the equal consideration deadline. So don't go wasting time visiting the local library every day:P
Reply 6
Not to be a big negatron, but just so you know although there's a chance of that happening, some universities wont even look at applications until the equal consideration deadline. So don't go wasting time visiting the local library every day:P

Of course I understand, I am not planning to go to the library every day, I only went today to get my home work done, get 2 books to read and so my sister could get her homework done. I know a few of my universities do give out offers early, so hopefully I will get at least one offer soon.
hey i need some help, so i firmed an unconditional offer to Lancaster a month ago, but now i realise i dont wanna go so far, and would prefer to study at kings, on results day if i get the required entry requirements for kings, will i be able to transfer to kings from Lancaster if i beg them and ask them to release me, also the course i wanna do usually has a lot of spares at kings, as it is just research-based biology.

Quick Reply