The Student Room Group

Exam in january!!!

Doing IAS Biology Edexcel, exam in afew haven't 'seriously' started yet. Don't know nothing and don't feel like studying. Have got all the resources I need. Don't know how I should do things!
HEEELP!
HELLLLO?
What do you want us to say? Get a study plan and try, or continue to slack and do poorly. Your choice not ours. Be patient!
Original post by anotheruserontsr
Doing IAS Biology Edexcel, exam in afew haven't 'seriously' started yet. Don't know nothing and don't feel like studying. Have got all the resources I need. Don't know how I should do things!
HEEELP!

I would say get 'into' studying first. It's easier to step up revision than suddenly going from no revision to hardcore revision. It's great that you have all the resources but before condensing it, try and learn it first. (Assuming you literally don't know anything)

Biology requires you to learn a lot of terms so, maybe, make a glossary or something. It will help you if you don't know anything because if you just go through genetics or something without knowing why it's important to refer to cell division, then you're basically learning everything with blanks inbetween.

Don't panic too much. While you need to understand that you don't have much time, just keep in mind that, at least, you have time.

Good luck

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar. :frown:
Original post by Firenze26
I would say get 'into' studying first. It's easier to step up revision than suddenly going from no revision to hardcore revision. It's great that you have all the resources but before condensing it, try and learn it first. (Assuming you literally don't know anything)

Biology requires you to learn a lot of terms so, maybe, make a glossary or something. It will help you if you don't know anything because if you just go through genetics or something without knowing why it's important to refer to cell division, then you're basically learning everything with blanks inbetween.

Don't panic too much. While you need to understand that you don't have much time, just keep in mind that, at least, you have time.

Good luck

P.S.

Your grammer's not as bad as you think, really.
Thanks for the tips anyway. :smile:
By any chance did you do AS Biology? If so, what were your result and what did you do that you think made a difference?
Original post by anotheruserontsr
Your grammer's not as bad as you think, really.
Thanks for the tips anyway. :smile:
By any chance did you do AS Biology? If so, what were your result and what did you do that you think made a difference?

Haha, thanks.

Yeah I did AS. Hated some topics (basically half of the course) and I got a D in the end. 😅

I didn't actually do these during my revision. Although when I was actually doing these tips earlier in the course, I was hitting Low As and Bs during my assessments.

P.S.

Original post by Firenze26
Haha, thanks.

Yeah I did AS. Hated some topics (basically half of the course) and I got a D in the end. 😅

I didn't actually do these during my revision. Although when I was actually doing these tips earlier in the course, I was hitting Low As and Bs during my assessments.

P.S.

You DON'T have horrible grammer LOL
Oh OK thanks :smile:
Original post by johnTroy1
What do you want us to say? Get a study plan and try, or continue to slack and do poorly. Your choice not ours. Be patient!

Suggest a 'way' plz
e.g. by hour or by week or what?
Set a day for each subject, set a certain amount of hours per day for said subject. That's the easy bit, sticking to it is the challenge.

Quick Reply

Latest