The Student Room Group

Tutoring as a Sixth Form student

Hi all.
I'm currently looking for a job, and I'd like to go into teaching in the future, and so I was thinking that tutoring would be a wise idea.
I got an A* in both English examinations at GCSE and an studying English Lit, along with 3 other essay subjects plus Japanese at A-level (extra).
I was thinking of doing English / Japanese tutoring, as there dont seem to be any Japanese tutors in my area, but, some of the websites I've checked to advertise as a tutor require you to be 18 or over.
Do I have a chance, and where can I advertise myself?

Thanks in advance
Original post by asada
Hi all.
I'm currently looking for a job, and I'd like to go into teaching in the future, and so I was thinking that tutoring would be a wise idea.
I got an A* in both English examinations at GCSE and an studying English Lit, along with 3 other essay subjects plus Japanese at A-level (extra).
I was thinking of doing English / Japanese tutoring, as there dont seem to be any Japanese tutors in my area, but, some of the websites I've checked to advertise as a tutor require you to be 18 or over.
Do I have a chance, and where can I advertise myself?

Thanks in advance

Call up your nearest Explore Learning? They do tuition and a lot of young students work there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by LenniesRabbit
Call up your nearest Explore Learning? They do tuition and a lot of young students work there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! There is one not far from me :smile:
What can I do in regards to the JP tutoring?

Quick Reply

Latest