The Student Room Group

How to approach a girl in the uni library?

I was in the library recently using a computer (obviously for study purposes :h:) and noticed a nice looking girl. I glanced at her a few times and noticed that she glanced at me as well, we made brief eye contact but then I looked away (being the coward that I am). That was it, eventually I left for my lecture.

So I need advice on how to approach a girl in the library without coming across as a jackass. I am not the type of guy to approach any girl, I am only interested in approaching a girl who may be interested in me (i.e. gives signs of availability)?

I feel like I missed out on a great opportunity so need to make sure this does not happen again. :unimpressed:

A girls' perspective would be great, or even guys who have had luck in similar situations.

Scroll to see replies

Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
hide a £5 note in a book on a shelf near her. then take down the book and be like OMG look what i've found !!! she will be really interested and you can take it from there.
Reply 3
Original post by Orbital Rising
Attachment not found

Cannot see attachment.

Original post by the bear
hide a £5 note in a book on a shelf near her. then take down the book and be like OMG look what i've found !!! she will be really interested and you can take it from there.

Ahh nice idea, I could use the new £5 note to spice things up!

But seriously I need genuine advice... :colonhash:
Next time sit 2 seats away from her then ask to borrow her pen. Then wait for her to pack up and give the pen back to her and thank her then just start talking to her eg be like so you a fresher then? Or so what course do you study and take the convo from there
From a girl: please don't.
Reply 6
Original post by Dusky Mauve
From a girl: please don't.

Why? I know most people go to the library to study, so I guess wouldn't be open to chat? I mean it was at the pc section where half the people are on facebook/youtube (she was on a pc as well).
Reply 7
If you see her again, just say "hey" and if she replies and then just ask what she's studying and then go on from there. It's not creepy imo.
Reply 8
So, libraries are about study, not dating. This means that unless you are her absolute dream, any approaches are inappropriate and perhaps unwelcome. The most I would push it to is exchanging smiles and see if you can set up for a chat in SU.
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
If you see her again, just say "hey" and if she replies and then just ask what she's studying and then go on from there. It's not creepy imo.

I can't exactly remember what she looks like :s-smilie: (I'm pretty good at forgetting faces lol).

Original post by Zarek
So, libraries are about study, not dating. This means that unless you are her absolute dream, any approaches are inappropriate and perhaps unwelcome. The most I would push it to is exchanging smiles and see if you can set up for a chat in SU.

I see your angle but next time I will just go for it, unless the library is busy. I got the impression she was also interested especially with the eye contact-but my nerves got the upper hand of me. I'm not the type of guy who goes around approaching women, but if I see one I really like and the feelings appear mutual then I will defo go for it. :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
I can't exactly remember what she looks like :s-smilie: (I'm pretty good at forgetting faces lol).

I see your angle but next time I will just go for it, unless the library is busy. I got the impression she was also interested especially with the eye contact-but my nerves got the upper hand of me. I'm not the type of guy who goes around approaching women, but if I see one I really like and the feelings appear mutual then I will defo go for it. :wink:

Edit: Will defo try a smile as well, just need to practice it a bit, don't wanna be scaring them off with a dirty grin. :biggrin:
maybe wait till she leaves and casually leave at the same time as her and then say something like oh ' you had enough of studying now then as well ' and she'll be like yes and you'll be like oh ' what course you doing ' and she'll answer and then the convo will hopefully continue outside of the library and then you'll keep chatting and walking and she'll come back to your hall and then it will get spicy lmao good luck my friend ;D everyone i fancy at uni so far is in a relationship so don't be surprised is she has a boyfriend
Go up to her and roundhouse kick her in the face
Original post by fefssdf
maybe wait till she leaves and casually leave at the same time as her and then say something like oh ' you had enough of studying now then as well ' and she'll be like yes and you'll be like oh ' what course you doing ' and she'll answer and then the convo will hopefully continue outside of the library and then you'll keep chatting and walking and she'll come back to your hall and then it will get spicy lmao good luck my friend ;D everyone i fancy at uni so far is in a relationship so don't be surprised is she has a boyfriend

Haha nice. Yeah finding out she already has a bf is a piss take lol.

Come on, there has to be people out there who've pulled at the library??? :curious:
I'm a girl and I would be happy for a guy to approach me in the library as long as I didn't look really busy and like I didn't want to be disturbed. Maybe just ask her what she's studying?
Get a massive plastic bag, grab her, throw her in the bag and run off with her somewhere. She'll be so pissed off when you let her out that the conversation will just flow from there. But do it quietly, as it's a library. It's never failed to work on me.
Original post by the bear

Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
"Hey lil mama lemme whisper in your ear" song... library... let me show myself out :colondollar:
I'd start with stop fapping.. You dont try hard enough because you masturbate regularly.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Mekkiii
I'd start with stop fapping.. You dont try hard enough because you masturbate regularly.

So stopping masturbation will increase my skills with girls? Hmmmm

Quick Reply

Latest