The Student Room Group

Islamic girls school tops government's new ranking

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mkap
dont know why everyone is hating on Islamic schools. My cousins went to one and all the extra they do is teach islamic studies, arabic, Qur'an reading and allow prayers when is time. just because they dont teach sex education to 10 year old kids. there are other non islamic non religion schools which are same sex schools so why arnt people spouting segregation claims there?

That is precisely the issue. Setting up institutions for brainwashing kids with an ideology before they've developed the skills to think critically and for themselves.

And before you start, it's wrong when Muslims do it, it's wrong when Christians do it, it's wrong when Hindus do it ect.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Trapz99
Most improved just means that it used to be not as good as it is now. It doesn't mean that it's actually the best school. .

No, it means the individual pupils improve more at this school (i.e from when they start in year 7) than at any other school. The school regularly gets 95%+ pass rates.
Original post by Aztec123
No, it means the individual pupils improve more at this school (i.e from when they start in year 7) than at any other school. The school regularly gets 95%+ pass rates.

Ah, I guess I read it wrong. That's very good to hear then. It clearly has a good teaching strategy which other schools could learn from.
Original post by Mathemagicien
lol #butthurtAtheist

This has nothing to do with atheism this is fact.
Original post by Pinkberry_y
These faith schools (not just Muslim ones but faith schools of any religion) do absolutely nothing to promote integration of cultures and religions. They promote more segregation and a them and us mentality

What and non-faith schools do?

I went to a methodist school, a catholic school (both open to all faiths), and 2 public non faith schools. As a muslim i can say that integration only works if there is a small number of minoroties. Otherwise like in the city, even in non faith schools , where theres large numbersof each ethnic minority you get micro ghettos, where e.g germans only hang around with germans, and pakistanis with pakistanis.

We should make sure all schools teach about integration and why its important, which most do, but you cant force integration.
Original post by Zargabaath
That is precisely the issue. Setting up institutions for brainwashing kids with an ideology before they've developed the skills to think critically and for themselves.

And before you start, it's wrong when Muslims do it, it's wrong when Christians do it, it's wrong when Hindus do it ect.

Its not wrong , i went to a methodist school, we read christian hymns every morning, and had services at easter and christmas. Im christian but i dont complain about brainwashing, i can make up my own mind.

The media only complains about islamic schools, because they teach quran (and it has violent verses). But yet when kids are taught about rahab the prostitute in the bible, and incest in the bible, there is no outrage. Im not against bible being taught but am angry with the media for being 2 faced.
Original post by HAnwar
Masha Allah.
May Allah increase them in knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ameen!
Original post by KINGYusuf
bs, I know hundreds of people who have been to Islamic schools. Nothing wrong with them. They have friends from different cultures and religion. Heck I'm in a WhatsApp group of around 40 people consisting of White, Black, Brown people who go to a weekly football session. The funny thing is the people who went to the Islamic schools are always the ones organising charity events. So stop your ignorance you 5 ft moron

The keyboard warrior troll is back out from under his rock. Tell me why there is a need to have faith schools? Why does religion and education have to mix
Original post by Pinkberry_y
The keyboard warrior troll is back out from under his rock. Tell me why there is a need to have faith schools? Why does religion and education have to mix

"keyboard warrior" lol what? You're 5ft and you're talking ****, you won't do anything irl to anyone lol. Nothing wrong with faith schools, let them do as they please, as long as they're not harming anyone.
Original post by mkap
dont know why everyone is hating on Islamic schools. My cousins went to one and all the extra they do is teach islamic studies, arabic, Qur'an reading and allow prayers when is time. just because they dont teach sex education to 10 year old kids. there are other non islamic non religion schools which are same sex schools so why arnt people spouting segregation claims there?

Sex education is really important and it's well known that it can reduce teen pregnancy.
What is the point of faith schools and boys schools and girls schools? Can't people who follow religions do it at home privately? In the real world, in the work place people are not going to be segregated by religion. Everyone is mixed together from different cultures and religions, it's just stupid and the government should BAN them! Does not reflect a modern society, but a regressive one.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Of course not; if it is a fact, it cannot have anything to do with atheism, because atheism has nothing to do with facts.
lol idek what all this about but this made laugh xD
Original post by lulucoco98
What is the point of faith schools and boys schools and girls schools? Can't people who follow religions do it at home privately? In the real world, in the work place people are not going to be segregated by religion. Everyone is mixed together from different cultures and religions, it's just stupid and the government should BAN them! Does not reflect a modern society, but a regressive one.

in that case they should also ban catholic schools

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lost Her Way
Sex education is really important and it's well known that it can reduce teen pregnancy.

It does but statistics show that the majority of teen pregnancies take place in non faith public schools. Not to say that teen pregnancies dont happen in faith schools but its not common. I guess faith schools dont teach it as many assume sexual things dont happen amongst under 18s.
Original post by KINGYusuf
"keyboard warrior" lol what? You're 5ft and you're talking ****, you won't do anything irl to anyone lol. Nothing wrong with faith schools, let them do as they please, as long as they're not harming anyone.

When you don't have anything substantial to argue with you resort to height. Also why so angry and defensive all the time bruh it's a forum relax
Original post by DariusVaselo
It does but statistics show that the majority of teen pregnancies take place in non faith public schools. Not to say that teen pregnancies dont happen in faith schools but its not common. I guess faith schools dont teach it as many assume sexual things dont happen amongst under 18s.

I think that's more because most schools are atheist nowadays, people need to learn about condoms.
Oh I used to go to the girls school - very glad I left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
Oh I used to go to the girls school - very glad I left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any particular reason?
Original post by bubblegumcat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, they should. Faith schools of any kind should have no place in a rational and secular society.
Original post by bubblegumcat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, like I said- all faith schools.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending