The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham - English, undergraduate

I've been given a conditional offer at University of Birmingham. If I accept this uni as my firm choice I will be registered for the A2B scheme which will be - ABC if not my firm choice it will be AAB. Is there any advice from students already studying English and UOB and how they find it - do you have to be super independent and is it really demanding? Are you enjoying it? And is the A2B scheme worth me making it my firm choice if I feel like another university that isn't a red brick offer a better course?
Original post by Sameeyab
I've been given a conditional offer at University of Birmingham. If I accept this uni as my firm choice I will be registered for the A2B scheme which will be - ABC if not my firm choice it will be AAB. Is there any advice from students already studying English and UOB and how they find it - do you have to be super independent and is it really demanding? Are you enjoying it? And is the A2B scheme worth me making it my firm choice if I feel like another university that isn't a red brick offer a better course?

Hey. I'm applying to do English at Birmingham too. What are your predicted grades?
Original post by NyashaPassley
Hey. I'm applying to do English at Birmingham too. What are your predicted grades?

Hi, have you received an offer yet? I'm also predicted ABB how about yourself?
Hi, have you received an offer yet? I'm also predicted ABB how about yourself?

Same xx
Same xx
i sent off my application yesterday and I haven't received an offer yet
Same xx

Oh good luck with your application! What subject are you studying?
Oh good luck with your application! What subject are you studying?

Thank you very much & English Q300. How long did it take for you to get an offer and do you think it was down to your personal statement and academic reference?
Thank you very much & English Q300. How long did it take for you to get an offer and do you think it was down to your personal statement and academic reference?

No lol subjects you're studying at sixth form or college. It took me a week and a bit and hmm I'm not too sure; my tutor had minimal knowledge on me so I think it was the personal statement?

Quick Reply

Latest