The Student Room Group

Behind on studying already (freaking out a bit)

Hey everyone,
just came on here to release some of the A2 stress I'm experiencing from my worries. I'm aiming for A*A*A and I feel like I may not achieve that (Touch wood, God forbid)
At the moment, I'm super behind. You're probably thinking chill how, it's only late October etc but my AS grades didn't count though I got B due to reforms. Now in year 13, the new A levels require you to go over both A2 and AS. I'm so stressed. I feel like ripping out my hair. I need A*AA for the course I want to study at uni.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cherry82
Hey everyone,
just came on here to release some of the A2 stress I'm experiencing from my worries. I'm aiming for A*A*A and I feel like I may not achieve that (Touch wood, God forbid)
At the moment, I'm super behind. You're probably thinking chill how, it's only late October etc but my AS grades didn't count though I got B due to reforms. Now in year 13, the new A levels require you to go over both A2 and AS. I'm so stressed. I feel like ripping out my hair. I need A*AA for the course I want to study at uni.

Totally get what it feels like to be stressed out / overwhelmed when you have lots of work to do :console:
The solution is just to catch up and chip away at the work you have until you have caught up. It won't be impossible to catch up, no way, but you have to start somewhere and the sooner the better. Maybe you can go through the AS content first, make notes, practice some questions where appropriate before moving onto A2 things?
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
Totally get what it feels like to be stressed out / overwhelmed when you have lots of work to do :console:
The solution is just to catch up and chip away at the work you have until you have caught up. It won't be impossible to catch up, no way, but you have to start somewhere and the sooner the better. Maybe you can go through the AS content first, make notes, practice some questions where appropriate before moving onto A2 things?

Thanks for understanding :smile: just needed somewhere to complain a little lol ok I'm just going to have to keep fighting through. Thanks again!
Reply 3
I'm in the same position lol.

What I've done is split each unit into chunks and have assigned a chunk or each unit each week.

So for me for history, there are 2 units and I have split each chunk into about 6 pages. So each week I'll usually do 12 pages of reading/notes/exercises and then an essay if I see fit!
Reply 4
Original post by jamestg

What I've done is split each unit into chunks and have assigned a chunk or each unit each week.

So for me for history, there are 2 units and I have split each chunk into about 6 pages. So each week I'll usually do 12 pages of reading/notes/exercises and then an essay if I see fit!

Lol you seem quite chilled though, wish I was like that. Cool. I think I've done something quite similar not sure. With mine, I've now decided for each of my subjects I should aim to do two pages of notes/reading and exercises also in a day so that's 6 pages altogether too. It's a lot but losing a week now to me is like losing a month due to such tight deadlines. I had to get the phone number of my teachers to message them whenever I'm stuck on anything. I know this seems absurd and desperate lol but desperate situations call for desperate measures. Good luck with everything, with your dedication, I'm sure you'll smash those exams!
Reply 5
Lol you seem quite chilled though, wish I was like that. Cool. I think I've done something quite similar not sure. With mine, I've now decided for each of my subjects I should aim to do two pages of notes/reading and exercises also in a day so that's 6 pages altogether too. It's a lot but losing a week now to me is like losing a month due to such tight deadlines. I had to get the phone number of my teachers to message them whenever I'm stuck on anything. I know this seems absurd and desperate lol but desperate situations call for desperate measures. Good luck with everything, with your dedication, I'm sure you'll smash those exams!

Funny thing is I haven't even started my plan Hahahahaha and usually I don't stick to them - but this time I'm determined. I've got it so I begin in mid-November and finish in mid-March/April time just in case I take a little longer!

Nah it's not desperate having your teachers' numbers! I regularly email mine haha! Good luck with your exam too :biggrin:
Original post by jamestg

Is that for the AS content?
Reply 7
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Is that for the AS content?

Yep!
Original post by jamestg
Yep!

**** man, can I join in this thread because I feel that I am behind on my revision. :frown:
Reply 9
**** man, can I join in this thread because I feel that I am behind on my revision. :frown:

Welcome to the club! :colondollar:

I'm currently watching Italian food videos lmao
Hey everyone,

Original post by jamestg
Yep!

this is literally me
I need A* AAI'm very behind in my subjects
Getting B's at the moment :s-smilie:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
this is literally me
I need A* AAI'm very behind in my subjects
Getting B's at the moment :s-smilie:

Predicted A*A*A*A* (including EPQ), last progress tracker was A*AA, and my courses want A*AA... but I can feel myself slipping, I want a holiday. :erm:

Original post by jamestg
Welcome to the club! I'm currently watching Italian food videos lmao

Wow, productive. :wink:

Maybe we can have a thread just for the 'we feel behind and we're freaking out 2016-17' club.

Also I kind of want to join the model house of commons
(edited 7 years ago)
Predicted A*A*A*A* (including EPQ), last progress tracker was A*AA, and my courses want A*AA... but I can feel myself slipping, I want a holiday. :erm:

damn good luck - you can do this!I've got to have first draft of my EPQ done by halloween :s-smilie:
It's just I have to catch up in Chemistry, revise for tests, I have an interview at a uni as well, plus violin practise and homework and mocks and :argh:
:frown:
damn good luck - you can do this!I've got to have first draft of my EPQ done by halloween :s-smilie:
It's just I have to catch up in Chemistry, revise for tests, I have an interview at a uni as well, plus violin practise and homework and mocks and :argh:
:frown:

Really? Halloween? Our EPQ first draft has to be done by January. Although I'm somewhat struggling with it and I've only got the introduction semi-done. :s-smilie: What's your EPQ on?

Gosh, that's a lot to chew on. Again, our mocks aren't until January (are we sensing a recurring theme here - I will be informing you of my mental breakdown over the Christmas period...) Where is your interview at?

Good luck, we TSR peeps will keep you going :wink:
Really? Halloween? Our EPQ first draft has to be done by January. Although I'm somewhat struggling with it and I've only got the introduction semi-done. :s-smilie: What's your EPQ on?

Gosh, that's a lot to chew on. Again, our mocks aren't until January (are we sensing a recurring theme here - I will be informing you of my mental breakdown over the Christmas period...) Where is your interview at?

Good luck, we TSR peeps will keep you going :wink:

Yeah :eek4:
Chemistry :smile: , you?
Yeah :s-smilie: (we are :tongue: - I had one this time last year, expect another one soon tbh :argh:) York :hide:
You too :hugs: thanks!
Yeah :eek4:
Chemistry :smile: , you?
Yeah :s-smilie: (we are :tongue: - I had one this time last year, expect another one soon tbh :argh:) York :hide:
You too :hugs: thanks!

My EPQ is on History! :biggrin:
Oh, well I live really near York. I have also applied there! Good luck, let us know how it goes! You'll do amazing :soap:
Hey, we can support each other through the nightmare that is Year 13 :wink:

Aw :hugs: you're so welcome!! :smile:
My EPQ is on History! :biggrin:
Oh, well I live really near York. I have also applied there! Good luck, let us know how it goes! You'll do amazing :soap:
Hey, we can support each other through the nightmare that is Year 13 :wink:

Aw :hugs: you're so welcome!! :smile:

Ah wow! Is that what you are wanting to study next year? What sort of area are you writing about?Cool :smile: I will :hide: :afraid: :s-smilie:
We might need to :rofl:
:jumphug: And you too :mmm:
Dont worry you have all of half term to catch up and even get a head start - it is possible !!!! :smile:
Ah wow! Is that what you are wanting to study next year? What sort of area are you writing about?Cool :smile: I will :hide: :afraid: :s-smilie:
We might need to :rofl:
And you too :mmm:

Yeah, I want to be a History professor actually. :tongue: My title is "To what extent were French Philosophers and Enlightenment ideas responsible for causing the French Revolution?" What's yours?:smartass:

Ahh please do, I'll be crossing my fingers for you (not like you'll need my luck though - you'll impress them without it). :yep:

Aww! Omg those smileys are so cute :jumphug:

Also thank you so much for the follow, I shall follow you back when my MacBook stops acting up!! :bigsmile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah, I want to be a History professor actually. :P My title is "To what extent were French Philosophers and Enlightenment ideas responsible for causing the French Revolution?" What's yours? :smartass:

Ahh please do, I'll be crossing my fingers for you (not like you'll need my luck though - you'll impress them without it). :yep:

Aww! Omg those smileys are so cute :jumphug:

Also thank you so much for the follow, I shall follow you back when my MacBook stops acting up!! :bigsmile:

WOW :smile: I wish you every success!
Wow that is awesome! Love a bit of the French Revolution! I did French AS, all things French I adore :france: including their history! So very intriguing EPQ topic, I hope it goes well!
Mine is a bit meh compared to yours! On whether or not the periodic table will be agreed complete by scientists. :tongue:
About that :s-smilie::cube:
It's ok :tongue: You don't have to do that XD

Quick Reply

Latest