The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Longshot003
Tried red bulls and monster recently, they taste really nice and the crash doesn't seem to effect me but will it have bad effects?

I tried researching it but only found something on it by the daily mail who I don't really trust.

no it's really bad....really really bad.When did you begin this?
Reply 21
Original post by tamil fever
no it's really bad....really really bad.When did you begin this?

You again!

Haven't really begun anything, had a monster 2 weeks ago which kept me alert the whole day and had about 3 - 4 to keep me up for a sports event.
You again!

Haven't really begun anything, had a monster 2 weeks ago which kept me alert the whole day and had about 3 - 4 to keep me up for a sports event.

what do you mean by u again?I haven't even talked to u for weeks...
anyways Energy drinks, such as Red Bull and Monster, contain high levels of caffeine, which is a stimulant.i knew this guy who drank 4-5 bottles of Monster every-single day for months.We all literally forced him to stop.It's really bad so don't start ur energy drink addiction.After this it's ur choice.
Read the ingredients; research those ingredients, their effects, and possible interactions; modulate your conduct accordingly.

Congratulations: you're now officially on your way to becoming an independent-minded adult.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Profesh
Read the ingredients; research those ingredients, their effects, and possible interactions; modulate your conduct accordingly.

Congratulations: you're now officially on your way to becoming an independently-minded adult.

[video="youtube;22YWYAtcyEA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22YWYAtcyEA[/video]
Reply 25
Energy drinks have a lot of sugar so yeah it's bad for you. They also have a high level of caffeine which is also not good for you.
Tried red bulls and monster recently, they taste really nice and the crash doesn't seem to effect me but will it have bad effects?

I tried researching it but only found something on it by the daily mail who I don't really trust.

Humans aren't meant to take in this much refined sugar and other crap they put in it. Try to stick organics bro and your body will love you for it. I drank an energy drink the other day and I have a pretty pure diet. Don't drink fizzy drinks, eat lots of fruit and veg. I freakin hated it, I felt like crap and couldn't sleep until 2AM. When I was younger I used to down them all day.
Original post by HopelessMedic
I'd really advise that you don't do that. I know someone who used to drink 1-2 of those 35p ones a day and now is permanently attached to a machine as it screwed up her heart. Whilst you may enjoy the buzz now, its not worth it long term.

Btw just because something isn't banned it doesn't mean it's safe, so much stuff should be banned which aren't and vice versa.

All a bit too vague. All im seeing is a bit of caffeine and 1-2 drinks a day is no more than 1-2 cups of coffee.

Presumably the cause was 1-2 drinks a day but what happened?
All I am going to say on this matter is that I most definitely wouldn't have 1 a day.
Good afternoon. Is there any energy drink among african drinks that is halal compliant? I can't find any. Would be amazing if i could bought it in Accra.
Reply 30
Remember anything that gives a boost to your system in the short run is bad for your body in the long run
Original post by Mamazela5654
Good afternoon. Is there any energy drink among african drinks that is halal compliant? I can't find any. Would be amazing if i could bought it in Accra.

You should make your own thread for this, since this thread is 2 years old and most people will be replying to OP's question, not yours.

Latest