The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

In order to make a valid application to the University you must now complete an online Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ). You must complete and submit your questionnaire by no later than 18:00 (UK time) on 22 October 2016. (copied from my email telling me to fill out the SAQ)

I would imagine that your application is not valid, since you submitted after the very clearly stated deadline.
Just a question, have you received an email about your submission of the SAQ?
Yes. well gg then ;l
I unfortunately submitted late too. Emailed them straight away to explain why. I know it specified a deadline but I cant see why an hour or so makes a difference.
Original post by 1a2b3c4d5e6f
I unfortunately submitted late too. Emailed them straight away to explain why. I know it specified a deadline but I cant see why an hour or so makes a difference.

And what was your explanation? I had a mind blank and left my photo for the deadline day, and didn't do it until 7pm, no real excuse but I just forgot.
Reply 5
Original post by Teenage Hype
I handed in my SAQ on hour late due to not uploading my photo on time. 7:30pm.

Yes - I realise I'm the biggest retard ever.

Does this mean I have a 0% chance of getting an offer? Do I still have to go to the admissions test? Can I call them up to plead to consider me? What happens now?

ANY replies are heavily appreciated.

Original post by 1a2b3c4d5e6f

It makes a difference. They have a deadline for a reason, so most likely both your applications will be invalid.

You did have a whole week to get it sorted, and even more if you applied before the deadline day.

You might be lucky but honestly deadlines are deadlines.
Original post by jamestg
It makes a difference. They have a deadline for a reason, so most likely both your applications will be invalid.

You did have a whole week to get it sorted, and even more if you applied before the deadline day.

You might be lucky but honestly deadlines are deadlines.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Do I have to call up admissions and cancel my admissions test now? Will I have to apply for a fifth university?
This thread makes me glad I submitted mine on Wednesday.
But yeah, jamestg said it best, deadlines are deadlines.
Reply 8
Thanks for clearing this up.

Do I have to call up admissions and cancel my admissions test now? Will I have to apply for a fifth university?

I would call them up on Monday morning. Don't cancel your test because they may accept your application still.

If they do reject your application, you won't be able to apply to a fifth university. AFAIK you can only do that if you withdraw your application from them before they reject you. @PQ could you clarify this?
There's a reason they're called DEAD lines.
Original post by jamestg
I would call them up on Monday morning. Don't cancel your test because they may accept your application still.

If they do reject your application, you won't be able to apply to a fifth university. AFAIK you can only do that if you withdraw your application from them before they reject you. @PQ could you clarify this?

So assuming they will decline my application first thing monday morning I won't be able to apply for a fifth?

What if I call them up and ask them if they will reject my application, then withdraw before they can reject, and apply to a fifth? Is that feasible in the slightest?
So assuming they will decline my application first thing monday morning I won't be able to apply for a fifth?

What if I call them up and ask them if they will reject my application, then withdraw before they can reject, and apply to a fifth? Is that feasible in the slightest?

No idea, it's best if a more knowledgeable UCAS person on here can answer that.
Original post by JohnGreek
What's up with people missing Oxbridge deadlines this year?

Just people not being on top of their **** as usual. I'm sure a similar number of people missed it last year, we just didnt give a crap
Original post by JohnGreek
What's up with people missing Oxbridge deadlines this year?

I know right? I'm paranoid of missing a deadline now.

If you're within 14 days of applying you can substitute a choice by phoning UCAS.

Call Cambridge at 9am on Monday to ask what will happen. If they confirm that they will reject you then ring UCAS to substitute.
Original post by PQ
If you're within 14 days of applying you can substitute a choice by phoning UCAS.

Call Cambridge at 9am on Monday to ask what will happen. If they confirm that they will reject you then ring UCAS to substitute.

Hi PQ,

I will call them up first thing tomorrow morning, and if they confirm they will reject me, are you sure I will be able to substitute another university? I really want to apply to Durham/Bath if they reject me.

The first two photos I have uploaded show that I won't be able to make changes, but the third photo shows that I can by calling them up instead (within 14 days).

Also, my UCAS was last "updated" on the 11th Oct, so I will have to call them by the 25th to make the change?

I would really appreciate some guidance thanks.
Hi PQ,

I will call them up first thing tomorrow morning, and if they confirm they will reject me, are you sure I will be able to substitute another university? I really want to apply to Durham/Bath if they reject me.

The first two photos I have uploaded show that I won't be able to make changes, but the third photo shows that I can by calling them up instead (within 14 days).

Also, my UCAS was last "updated" on the 11th Oct, so I will have to call them by the 25th to make the change?

I would really appreciate some guidance thanks.

As you can see on the screen shot you posted

You can substitute choices up to 14 days after the date on your welcome email by phoning UCAS.

You can't substitute using track unless you're within 7 days of the date on your welcome email - after that you have to phone.
Original post by PQ
You can't substitute using track unless you're within 7 days of the date on your welcome email - after that you have to phone.

What is the reason for that?
Original post by Abstract_Prism
What is the reason for that?

Because the law changed but UCAS couldn't be arsed to update their system.
Original post by PQ
Because the law changed but UCAS couldn't be arsed to update their system.

I substituted Cambridge for Durham, they haven't emailed me back and wouldn't answer my email in time - so I changed despite not knowing if they would reject me or not. They probably wouldn't have because they stated on their website that they wouldn't accept if I submitted after the deadline.

Did I make the right choice?