The Student Room Group

Math indices

Can someone give me the proofs for the rules of indices step by step.
Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by kb12345
Can someone give me the proofs for the rules of indices step by step.
Thanks.

Please got to sleep! It's dangerous to do maths this late...
Reply 2
Original post by solC
Please got to sleep! It's dangerous to do maths this late...

Lol really!? It's dangerous compared to having caffeine this late lol. On a real note I'm like as awake as an owl and I'm kinda in the mood to work.
Reply 3
Original post by kb12345
Lol really!? It's dangerous compared to having caffeine this late lol. On a real note I'm like as awake as an owl and I'm kinda in the mood to work.

Haha nah it's not really:tongue: But I imagine it's a lot harder to concentrate this late...
Go for a run m8, it's never too late to hit gym too.
Reply 4
Original post by solC
Haha nah it's not really:tongue: But I imagine it's a lot harder to concentrate this late...
Go for a run m8, it's never too late to hit gym too.

lol you must be kidding me right. Allow that i'm a netflix and chill kinda guy deal with it lol.
Reply 5
Original post by kb12345
lol you must be kidding me right. Allow that i'm a netflix and chill kinda guy deal with it lol.

Well if you're high on caffeine I doubt it makes much of a difference tbh. Good luck sleeping tonight then:rolleyes: You might as well go for the all nighter, see if you can last the whole night doing maths:colone:
Are you doing c1 edexcel or is this gcse?
Reply 7
Original post by solC
Well if you're high on caffeine I doubt it makes much of a difference tbh. Good luck sleeping tonight then:rolleyes: You might as well go for the all nighter, see if you can last the whole night doing maths:colone:

I actually think I should do that you know? But maybe on another day lol when I'm actually bothered. I think I'll laze around now thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by samantham999
Are you doing c1 edexcel or is this gcse?

It's edex c1 i'm doing the chapters again for practise.
Reply 9
Original post by kb12345
I actually think I should do that you know? But maybe on another day lol when I'm actually bothered. I think I'll laze around now thanks! :biggrin:

I remember one night I was up so late playing games, then at about 5 I got bored and saw a maths paper next to me and thought **** it might as well have a go....
I was out before I could even turn the first page.
See it's dangerous I tell you:colonhash:
Reply 10
Original post by solC
I remember one night I was up so late playing games, then at about 5 I got bored and saw a maths paper next to me and thought **** it might as well have a go....
I was out before I could even turn the first page.
See it's dangerous I tell you:colonhash:

Lol you were probably on your ones then. Yeah I've had days like them as well.
Original post by kb12345
It's edex c1 i'm doing the chapters again for practise.

Ah i forgot we had to learn proof for indicies? I never see it in exam questions for c1
Reply 12
Original post by kb12345
Lol you were probably on your ones then. Yeah I've had days like them as well.

Was playing Xbox I think, probably ragequit or something
Reply 13
Ah i forgot we had to learn proof for indicies? I never see it in exam questions for c1

Well, I don't really know if it's actually in the spec or if it's just my teacher being over the top lol.
Some are simple but some are tricky but not all can be proved is what I remember.
Yeah no proofs for indicies but yes indicies normally come up at the very start of the paper.
I think you should go to sleep, its dangerous to do maths at this time.

I did maths at 2am once and boy thats another story for another night.
Reply 15
Yeah no proofs for indicies but yes indicies normally come up at the very start of the paper.
I think you should go to sleep, its dangerous to do maths at this time.

I did maths at 2am once and boy thats another story for another night.

Lol its okay I'm just lazing around in my onesie like nothing.

Quick Reply