The Student Room Group

This is great, we are getting more of them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37741153

Ffs, like we dont have a population problem without importing people who require support.

Scroll to see replies

I don't think the UK housing 70 desperate kids is a problem.
Original post by KingBradly

This. There is a clear difference between economic migration and providing lone children a safe haven.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by #ChaosKass
It's ridiculous - 70 more foreigners scrounging off the state. We're meant to have a Conservative government. Why on Earth they continue to let these people in is beyond me.

Were we wrong to let Jewish children move here in the 1940s when they were fleeing Nazi persecution?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
wow you must be a really heartless sob to turn away 70 children who have escaped lives of trauma and war coming to the uk.
Reply 5
Goodness me allowing 70 young children to flee a war stricken area and seek refuge here, now that's obviously just completely out of line isn't it.

I can assure you probably 70 people will die in the UK today so there's really no problem here, you heartless ****.
Original post by mkap
wow you must be a really heartless sob to turn away 70 children who have escaped lives of trauma and war coming to the uk.

Original post by Inexorably
Goodness me allowing 70 young children to flee a war stricken area and seek refuge here, now that's obviously just completely out of line isn't it.

I can assure you probably 70 people will die in the UK today so there's really no problem here, you heartless ****.

They're in France, they're no longer fleeing anything. If they were desperate, they'd have claimed refuge there.
It's ridiculous - 70 more foreigners scrounging off the state. We're meant to have a Conservative government. Why on Earth they continue to let these people in is beyond me.

Most concepts do appear to be beyond you- the poor, gay people, the list goes on. It is the likes of you that perpetuate racial hatred, prejudice against those less fortunate.
What's it to you, anyway. You're American. You sound like that clown Trump.

Yes because a bunch of kids fleeing war and bullets in syria really care oh so much about our benefit system,which quite frankly isn't really particularly great. You could try actually caring about the world beyond the UK you know,it does exist.First and foremost these kids are human beings in need of help.And since it was largely our doing that the middle east is in the state it is now, the least we can do is have some compassion.If we hadn't foolishly intervened in libya then I doubt those rebels would have been so confident in having western support.Maybe they would have thought twice about starting a civil war nobody can win.
Original post by Robby2312
Yes because a bunch of kids fleeing war and bullets in syria really care oh so much about our benefit system,which quite frankly isn't really particularly great. You could try actually caring about the world beyond the UK you know,it does exist.First and foremost these kids are human beings in need of help.And since it was largely our doing that the middle east is in the state it is now, the least we can do is have some compassion.If we hadn't foolishly intervened in libya then I doubt those rebels would have been so confident in having western support.Maybe they would have thought twice about starting a civil war nobody can win.

Where are "war and bullets" in Calais?
Fine with actual children being given a home here.

Not so fine with cowardly men who pretend to come off as children just so they can get a free ticket here.

Only around half of them actually look like kids. Plus, they were in France, a perfectly safe country. I don't see why we need to take them in.
Original post by Iridocyclitis
Where are "war and bullets" in Calais?

Well the conditions in calais aren't exactly nice are they.And they only end up in calais because none of the countries on the way there actually want to give them asylum.The french government doesn't want them there.Its just ignoring the problem.
Well the conditions in calais aren't exactly nice are they.And they only end up in calais because none of the countries on the way there actually want to give them asylum.The french government doesn't want them there.Its just ignoring the problem.

You do know the migrants have been offered better living conditions right? They've refused it because it requires having to register and putting themselves on the French national database or something.
Original post by hoping4thebest
Only around half of them actually look like kids. Plus, they were in France, a perfectly safe country. I don't see why we need to take them in.

Perhaps it's idiot celebrities like Lily Allen and Carey Mulligan who egg people on to take them in?
Assuming these "child refugees" take £50,000 from the state in some form or another, in the grand scheme of things it would cost an individual tax payer no more than £0.15 per year for all 70 of them, yet these 70 have received so much media attention as if it was a distraction tactic...

They're in the camp because they haven't claimed asylum in France.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Fine with actual children being given a home here.

Not so fine with cowardly men who pretend to come off as children just so they can get a free ticket here.

You've been reading the mail too much.That software they use is completely flawed.Plus they are obviously teenagers.A lot of british teenagers could pass for grown men doesn't mean that they are not the age they say they are.
Original post by Inexorably

They were already in France, which is a safe country and the French authorities should be willing to let them live there And we don't know who these people even are. We don't know their age or whether they have connections to extremist groups.
(edited 7 years ago)
You've been reading the mail too much.That software they use is completely flawed.Plus they are obviously teenagers.A lot of british teenagers could pass for grown men doesn't mean that they are not the age they say they are.

Right and what do you read? The Guardian? I've been looking at the pictures and some of them look in their twenties with wrinkles and features barely any teenager has.

If your heart truly bleeds for them, why not take a few in yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest