The Student Room Group

Do guys generally like skinny girls?

Im really conscious about my body. Normally girls have body issues thinking they are too fat but i think i amm too skinny. I look in the mirror sometimes and feel disgusted by my body. i try to eat more food but i dont put weight on and then feel really bloated and it depresses me. People (boys mainly) say i have a nice body but i dont believe them.

Im size 6/8. i have slim legs and i have a thigh gap (but its tiny) and my thighs are kind of fat from the outside and curve. i do have a fat and nice bum though. my arms are skinny and i generally have a small back frame. my boobs are big but they arnt small either but i wear push up bras to cover my insecurities.

Scroll to see replies

You sound fine OP.
Reply 2
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
You sound fine OP.

i hope so
Original post by Anonymous
Im size 6/8. i have slim legs and i have a thigh gap (but its tiny) and my thighs are kind of fat from the outside and curve. i do have a fat and nice bum though. my arms are skinny and i generally have a small back frame. my boobs are big but they arnt small either

I mean that description basically sounds exactly like my type so erm...are you tripping on something?
Reply 4
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I mean that description basically sounds exactly like my type so erm...are you tripping on something?

i genuinely have body issues. probably because of my brother telling me im too skinny all my life and i need to eat more food :frown:
Im really conscious about my body. Normally girls have body issues thinking they are too fat but i think i amm too skinny. I look in the mirror sometimes and feel disgusted by my body. i try to eat more food but i dont put weight on and then feel really bloated and it depresses me. People (boys mainly) say i have a nice body but i dont believe them.

Im size 6/8. i have slim legs and i have a thigh gap (but its tiny) and my thighs are kind of fat from the outside and curve. i do have a fat and nice bum though. my arms are skinny and i generally have a small back frame. my boobs are big but they arnt small either but i wear push up bras to cover my insecurities.

post a pic
i genuinely have body issues. probably because of my brother telling me im too skinny all my life and i need to eat more food :frown:

If it's just your brother then it's highly likely your brother is just a bit of a penis.
Reply 7
Every guy has their own tastes so you don't have anything to worry about.
Reply 8
post a pic

of what
Reply 9
Original post by Retired_Messiah
If it's just your brother then it's highly likely your brother is just a bit of a penis.

true. i cant exactly explain to my brother i have a fat bum and stuff

Ignore your brother...he's just being an annoying little prick, and he's doing it on purpose. Ignore his opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
Ignore your brother...he's just being an annoying little prick, and he's doing it on purpose. Ignore his opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

i know but its not just him. i see other girls with perfect curves and i just feel empty

My dad tells me i'm a skinny ass mofo but i did a rough check of my BMI and it said i was borderline obese >.> and my silly dad telling me i'm skinny af. I'm pretty sure he knows he a fat fk and he doesn't want to admit it so he calls himself the norm and says anyone who weighs less than him a skinny mofo.

You sound fine tho, i'd rather be skinny than obese af. Your bro's probably fat too, just a shot in the dark. Really though everyone else tells me i'm a fat mofo at school so yea base your thoughts and truths on more opinions
i know but its not just him. i see other girls with perfect curves and i just feel empty

wtf is a perfect curve
Original post by will'o'wisp
My dad tells me i'm a skinny ass mofo but i did a rough check of my BMI and it said i was borderline obese >.> and my silly dad telling me i'm skinny af. I'm pretty sure he knows he a fat fk and he doesn't want to admit it so he calls himself the norm and says anyone who weighs less than him a skinny mofo.

You sound fine tho, i'd rather be skinny than obese af. Your bro's probably fat too, just a shot in the dark. Really though everyone else tells me i'm a fat mofo at school so yea base your thoughts and truths on more opinions

well anything under 18 bmi is classed as underweight. my bmi is 18.2435 :redface:
Well, guys in general don't like girls that look like there about to die of starvation. By that I mean don't go out of your way to try looking like a skeleton.

But yh it doesn't matter.

And I'm a guy and I'm actually insecure about my body too, I can gain any weight at all because my metabolism is too freaking high. So I know you feel.

Stop basing your self worth on the opinion of what irrelevant guys find sexually appealing, get some therapy and start loving yourself.
According to a study by Glamour, out of 1,000 men, 78% would rather date a confident plus-sized woman than an insecure supermodel.
Confidence is hot. Confidence is good. Loving yourself is good.
Oh please, you know they do. :colonhash:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Oh please, you know they do. :colonhash:

not really, some prefer curvy
well anything under 18 bmi is classed as underweight. my bmi is 18.2435 :redface:

BMI isn't always the best indicator tho, it doesn't take into account muscle??

Just munch on some nuts throughout the day and you'll pile on dem pounds.

ANy kind of nuts will do, peanuts, almonds. They're all good ^-^

Quick Reply