The Student Room Group

Why don't fat people just lose weight

And before anyone's like "being fat is a medical condition", in a majority of cases it isn't like instead of investing money into mountains of food how about putting it towards a treadmill

Scroll to see replies

Being fat is a medical condition.

/EndThread
Reply 2
I've seen loads at the gym trying their best to lose weight but it's people like you who put them down and make them demotivated.
What about the cases that are like that? Genius.
:facepalm:
I think for many they just don't know where to start and feel it's impossible.
Original post by Legendstatusxoxo
And before anyone's like "being fat is a medical condition", in a majority of cases it isn't like instead of investing money into mountains of food how about putting it towards a treadmill

Some 'skinny' people don't realise how fortunate they are to have a high metabolism.

Ungrateful c****
Reply 8
Because food, specifically sugar, is addictive. It's not an 'excuse' but it's perfectly understandable when you see people who don't lose weight, because fast food companies and unhealthy snack brands shove advertising down everyone's throats, when P.E. is one of the most useless time wasting lessons in school, when the government won't get a grip and just force companies to make their products healthier and

most importantly, when people who are so dim-minded like you, think that the solution is to tell them to 'just lose weight' and thinking shaming and mocking someone will help them do this.

Why people think shaming/mocking someone, who uses food to comfort themselves, will help is beyond me.

Society did not end up with all these overweight people overnight and they will not simply go away overnight. Companies such as McDonalds, KFC, Burger King, Nestle, etc. are leeching off of these people and are only but encouraging the current obesity epidemic. As long as they have such a large amount of power and control in this country, society collectively will not get thinner.
Original post by saraxh

Saraxh if you look anything like that model I would seriously want to ****
Original post by Legendstatusxoxo

Maybe they don't want to.
Everytime I see a fat person doing sport, I try and encourage them. Give them a high five or something. We must help overweight people to lose weight, not look down on them or encourage them with this "big is beautiful" bullsh*t. Sugar and bad food is addictive, easy and cheap. Losing weight is a battle against these evil companies that push it and the government which is ruled by companies and won't do anything about it. it's hard to fight a battle alone. Being more attractive to get laid is also a great motivator to change your life and spend money, just look at the cosmetics industry. All it takes is a good diet and lifestyle to look and feel great.
Some people don't feel they need to lose weight. It's possible to be heavier and still be healthy and happy. Some don't feel they have time to lose weight or don't really have any motivation to. Others find it difficult to get past a point with weight loss once they've already lost a certain amount. Others you might find have a certain lifestyle or interests that it might actually benefit them to be heavier.

The thing about weight loss is you can't just give up eating like you can smoking or alcohol. You still need to eat to live. And extreme diets or weight loss techniques can have severe and even fatal consequences.

If someone wants to lose weight, they have to have the want and drive to do it.
Reply 13
In many cases obesity is the result of a lifetime of unhealthy eating and a lack of food preparation skill and knowledge. Which is then perpetuated by parents that don't know how to cook passing on their lack of knowledge to their children.

I don't know why individuals would attempt to vilify obese people rather than support their education and motivation for change. Or to let them be if it is their personal lifestyle choice.
Why doesn't every just stop feeding the troll?

Such a stupid post. Some people try and can't help it, dickwads like you don't help...
Original post by CCC75
In many cases obesity is the result of a lifetime of unhealthy eating and a lack of food preparation skill and knowledge. Which is then perpetuated by parents that don't know how to cook passing on their lack of knowledge to their children.

I don't know why individuals would attempt to vilify obese people rather than support their education and motivation for change. Or to let them be if it is their personal lifestyle choice.

Because it's Sunday afternoon and the OP is bored and has nothing better to do. He needs to get a life.
Why don't you just log off TSR? :wink:
Reply 17
maybe some people like being fat. everyone should be comfortable the way they are

unless it increases chances of medical conditions.
Reply 18
Wny can't stupid people stop making threads putting down fat people?
it's because when you are being fat, it's hard to do intense exercise. the fatter you are, the harder it is for you to lose weight. the real pain about being fat is lack of motivation. some people just think what is the point of losing weight if it's not affecting them significantly in life. some others can't lose weight because they are busy doing other tasks in their life. not to mention, losing weight is a slow progress and some people are impatient about it and once they will realise that they are losing only a handful of pounds after intense workout, they become demotivated and they will be like "nah, what's the point of going on if this much of work doesn't do anything". in order to lose weight, you have to forget about the intensity of exercising and rather focus on having exercise as a daily habit. also, it is always helpful to have the courage from friends and family to help you control what you eat since sometimes it's hard to control your own appetite by yourself. and always remember, JUST DO IT!

Quick Reply

Latest