The Student Room Group

Is this a healthy diet?

So I want to start eating like this. I found this diet.

An ideal grocery list:
Vegan plant protein powder + almond milk
Perfect bars
Hummus and carrots
Avocado
Apples + almond butter
Raw cashews or a raw trail mix
Kale chips

Breakfast ideas:
“Yogurt with fruit or almond butter mixed in, scrambled eggs with kale or spinach. There’s plenty of alternatives! A yummy smoothie shake is my favorite. You just gotta play with what your body likes the best”

A typical diet:
“…my diet consists of no bread, no fast food, no red meat, and I try to stay off sugar (besides from fruit) as much as I can. & no alcohol. I eat everything besides that! Mostly everything I eat is organic, raw good food”

Health Tips:
-Always have a full glass of water before a meal
-Have dinner before 7 and don’t eat after that (aka no late night snacking)
-Honey and lemon mixed in hot water before breakfast is amazing for the digestive system. Some times I do those ridiculously intense lemon cayenne shots eeek.
-No fruit after lunch (unless it’s papaya or apples) “Fruit has a lot of sugar in it. It helps to cut the sugar intake once the afternoon hits, but I still eat papayas because they’re insanely good for your digestive system and apples never effected my body to bad so I let myself have one or two as a snack.”
-Vegetablessss all day everyday!!
-Water water water!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SCIENCE :D

I do eat meat though :colonhash:
Original post by saraxh
I do eat meat though :colonhash:

Why would you restrict yourself to this vegan diet
Define healthy. Seems like quite an expensive diet, as well as highly restrictive.
Why would you restrict yourself to this vegan horsesh*t.

It's not a vegan diet. Scrambled eggs and milk(not vegan) is on the list. I want to eat more healthy.
Original post by saraxh
It's not a vegan diet. Scrambled eggs and milk(not vegan) is on the list. I want to eat more healthy.

The only advice I'll give you on eating healthier is to not pay attention to these restricting and expensive trendy diets stripped off of some other chicks twitter feed.

If you cook from scratch eating healthy is a breeze: clean fresh meats, a variety of vegetables, and a reasonable amount of carbohydrates. Learn some simple recipes.

Carrot sticks and humus? I mean come on, who reads that and thinks "wow! what a great meal idea" !?
There are waaayyy easier ways to eat healthy that involve much less suffering
No. it's a boring diet. :tongue:
Reply 9
No, it's not healthy because frankly you will personally hate it due to the bland flavours and lack of variety.

Eat a normal diet in moderation and all will be well. Stupid diets never make you lose weight in the long run, because you go back to eating what you like (like any normal person would after eating 'health foods').

Eating a normal balanced diet with small portions is the way to do it.
the structure... it's all too much! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Just eat less in general and more veg don't go ott with all the nonsense of going semi-vegi etc. just reduce your sugar intake and increase your fruit intake. In fact if you try and stick to a ridiculous diet plan you're more likely to fail than if you went with a more sensible one tbh.
Original post by BobSausage
Just eat less in general and more veg don't go ott with all the nonsense of going semi-vegi etc. just reduce your sugar intake and increase your fruit intake. In fact if you try and stick to a ridiculous diet plan you're more likely to fail than if you went with a more sensible one tbh.

Fruit has sugar in it.
Reply 13
Original post by saraxh
Fruit has sugar in it.

:colonhash: You know what I meant. Natural sugars are actually not that bad for you and there are healthy things in fruit whereas in a chocolate bar it's all fat and sugar which is converted into energy or fat in your body, depending on whether you need more energy or not.
You could always just try doing exercise without changing your diet cos that'll help you lose weight and gain muscle at the same time.
It's certainly not bad for your body. It sounds **** and boring, though. Probably not a healthy mindset to have when you start restricting "bad" foods so neurotically.
Original post by BobSausage
:colonhash: You know what I meant. Natural sugars are actually not that bad for you and there are healthy things in fruit whereas in a chocolate bar it's all fat and sugar which is converted into energy or fat in your body, depending on whether you need more energy or not.
You could always just try doing exercise without changing your diet cos that'll help you lose weight and gain muscle at the same time.

Because of health reasons I try to cut out sugar from my diet. I don't want to lose weight. I just want to eat more healthy. :redface:
You need meat in your diet, everybody does.

I know it's not essential, it won't kill you or seriously harm you if you don't have meat... but you really should have proper meat.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Then eat a balanced, organic diet, tending toward Paleo :smile:

There's some dietary advice in my wellness guide

Bear in mind that nuts contain a number of constituents that are not all that good for us (as per an earlier guide of mine) :yy:

Errr why 'Paleo'? And on your guide, why should one avoid grains? I'd recommend avoiding books like 'The Primal Blueprint'.
Reply 18

[QUOTE=SCIENCE [excludedFace]biggrin[/excludedFace];68181204]Why would you restrict yourself to this vegan horsesh*t.

You just another moronic moron who puts people down for living a different lifestyle to yours. She didn't even say anything about being vegan and you were already attacking her- she even admitted to eating meat.

GTFO you pathetic mess
Reply 19
Original post by xmertic
You need meat in your diet, everybody does.

I know it's not essential, it won't kill you or seriously harm you if you don't have meat... but you really should have proper meat.

What absolute ********.

Tell me- why do you need meat in your diet? Why are vegetarians more likely to live longer if you need meat in your diet? please tell me.

Quick Reply

Latest