The Student Room Group

Can i get into unis that require AAA with A*AB predictions?

I've applied for Accounting and Finance at: Queen Mary (AAB), LSE (AAA), Bristol (A*AB/AAA), Warwick (AAA) and City (AAA).
My AS results are:
Accounting-A
Maths-A
Further Maths C
Physics- B
Predicted A* (Accounting), A (Maths) and B (Further Maths).
Do you think i've got a reasonable chance of getting offers from these unis?
lse is just the risky one, rest are fine
Reply 2
Original post by samantham999
lse is just the risky one, rest are fine

What about yourself?
Original post by mavrick388
I've applied for Accounting and Finance at: Queen Mary (AAB), LSE (AAA), Bristol (A*AB/AAA), Warwick (AAA) and City (AAA).
My AS results are:
Accounting-A
Maths-A
Further Maths C
Physics- B

Possibly not LSE or Warwick with the C in Further Maths and the B prediction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about yourself?

I'm applying to lse too, but there is 1% chance I will even get an offer. I'm on a gap year because i flopped my a levels due to a death in the family which affected my studies.
I'm applying for economics & business at ucl, economics & eco history at lse and economics at city, RH and Brunel
predicted grades are AAA
My AS results are:
Accounting-A
Maths-A
Further Maths C
Physics- B

I think you should contact the universities to find out if you will be eligible instead of not asking them applying and possibly ending up with a rejection.
I have A*AB prediction and got an offer from warwick for AAA so i think so
Reply 7
Original post by Redassassin119
I think you should contact the universities to find out if you will be eligible instead of not asking them applying and possibly ending up with a rejection.

Bit late seeing as i handed it in to my admissions officer. But i'm sure (hope) my predictions are considerable.
Bit late seeing as i handed it in to my admissions officer. But i'm sure (hope) my predictions are considerable.

Hopefully yes. Can't you still ring them up?
Reply 9
Original post by jenniisobel
I have A*AB prediction and got an offer from warwick for AAA so i think so

Ahhh,that's so reassuring. May i ask what course you're applying for and for your grade details?

Good for you btw on the offer
Ahhh,that's so reassuring. May i ask what course you're applying for and for your grade details?

Good for you btw on the offer

I applied for computer science with A* predicted in maths, A in chemistry, B in physics and B in further maths

good luck! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Edminzodo
Possibly not LSE or Warwick with the C in Further Maths and the B prediction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm confident i can get an A in further maths, hence why i carried it on instead of physics and i'm retaking my AS FM exams.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
I applied for computer science with A* predicted in maths, A in chemistry, B in physics and B in further maths

good luck! :smile:

You too :tongue:. What d'you get for AS?
You too :tongue:. What d'you get for AS?

I got AABB
Reply 14
Original post by timster32
I have A*ABB predictions and I am applying to A*AA/AAA universities for engineering!

What d'you get in AS?
Reply 15
I got AABB

Coolio
Reply 16
Original post by timster32
I got an A in Maths and a B in German. I've been predicted an A*in Maths, an A in Further maths and B's in Physics and Chemistry. Aiming for at least 3 A*s though!

I'm also aiming for higher than my predictions- A*AA. I should've got that A in FM at AS, just didn't have a clear head when doing the exams. Also ('aiming for at least 3A*s') ATLEAST?!
I'm also aiming for higher than my predictions- A*AA. I should've got that A in FM at AS, just didn't have a clear head when doing the exams. Also ('aiming for at least 3A*s':wink: ATLEAST?!

I am sure I can get two A*s in Maths and Further, and I don't think Physics is too hard, I found AS easy but I always messed up the calculations. Now doing M1 and M2, I'm kinda better at the calculations part now. Hopefully, I can get an A in Chemistry aswell!

Quick Reply

Latest