The Student Room Group

Opinions on the best way to ask this girl out

I'm in my second year of uni and joined a society. I met this girl there that I've spoke to a few times but never much. She seems really nice and I do want to ask her out for a drink of something but I don't know how. I have only seen her through the society and have never spoken outside of it. I am a very shy person who has low self esteem and self confidence and have never actually been in a relationship before. I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
Be confident and approach her! During your next conversation just ask whether she'd like to meet with you sometime and suggest whatever you have in mind. She will probably be very flattered by it :smile:
Reply 2
I think an easy way is just to ask her if she wants to have some drinks with you one day. If you do it in person, it'll show you have confidence :biggrin:

Good luck!
Reply 3
I'm just scared that she will say know. The only person I have ever had the confidence to ask out rejected me and it was a huge hit to my already low self esteem so I din't really know what'll happen if this person says no. I would probably quit the society out of embarrassment.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just scared that she will say know. The only person I have ever had the confidence to ask out rejected me and it was a huge hit to my already low self esteem so I din't really know what'll happen if this person says no. I would probably quit the society out of embarrassment.

Well obviously that's always a possibility but you shouldn't let it hurt your self esteem, if she rejects you just know that it wasn't meant to be. I'm sure she would be open to getting to know you better first though so just give it a shot and see what happens. She will be impressed by your confidence
Reply 5
Won't it seem weird though since I've barely spoken to her and I don't know her that well?
Won't it seem weird though since I've barely spoken to her and I don't know her that well?

I don't think so if you've spoken to her a couple times before, even if it wasn't much. It just shows that you're open to making new friends and you want to get to know her better. I've had a guy ask me out once who I had never spoken to in my life but I thought it was sweet although it didn't end up working out in the end.
Reply 7
I don't think so if you've spoken to her a couple times before, even if it wasn't much. It just shows that you're open to making new friends and you want to get to know her better. I've had a guy ask me out once who I had never spoken to in my life but I thought it was sweet although it didn't end up working out in the end.

When I say I've spoken to her I mean that we had to pair up a couple of times at the society and whenever we have spoke it has always been about what we are supposed to be doing. We have never actually spoken about anything else. I just think it will seem weird if I ask her out for a drink or something when we barely know each other and I am not exactly confident. I wouldn't even know what to say to her or how to bring the subject up.
Reply 8
So I just don't really know what to do. Based on what I have said what do you think will be the best thing to do or how do you think will be the best way to ask her out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending