The Student Room Group

Runners Annoy me

Not all are rude but it's annoying

I was on a canal walking minding my own business when this person comes running behind me "EXXXXCUUUSSSEEE MEEEEEEE"
I stop turn to the hedge and she runs past without one thank you.

Normally I just Ignore them and carry on walking.

Who are they to disturb my walk, I have a right to walk. She should slow to a walking speed and walk around me like most normal people do.

I'm going back to ignoring people.

When I stayed in asia, there was absolutely no bell ringing from pedal bikes that had to ride on footpath, they'd usually ride around you or slow down. Of course if you're in the cycle designated path then they would ring a bell. But guess what, there was no cycle path at one place underneath a covered shopping area and low and behold it's a girl from uk ringing her bell behind all the people walking and going about their normal day.

So annoying mainly when they dont say thank you and when they think they are in the right and have to push you out of the way when they should be on the road or walking with the bike.
(edited 7 years ago)
There's only one runner where I live (smol village innit) and my only concern about him is how he's not freezing going out in shorts at 7am in winter
Alternatively you could just let them pass and get on with your day? It's not really that much of an inconvenience? Ignoring people on the basis that 'this one time a runner didn't say thank you when you moved out of the way' is silly and rude.
Original post by iEthan
Alternatively you could just let them pass and get on with your day? It's not really that much of an inconvenience? Ignoring people on the basis that 'this one time a runner didn't say thank you when you moved out of the way' is silly and rude.

It's not just one thing it's many things. The way that it was said. There's enough space to walk past me. People shouldn't be forced out of their way. I'm not forcing them out of their way if they're coming at speed towards me from behind
Original post by Flyingaround
It's not just one thing it's many things. The way that it was said. There's enough space to walk past me. People shouldn't be forced out of their way. I'm not forcing them out of their way if they're coming at speed towards me from behind

Well, granted. I accept that the person you're talking about was rude, but this doesn't then mean all runners are rude and don't deserve a basic level of respect? I think you're overreacting here OP.
Literally how I feel when a cyclist cycles on a busy footpath
Reply 6
1 runner didn't say thank you

*makes thread on how runners annoy you*

:smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Simple answer - don't walk in the middle of the pavement...
As a runner myself it is very annoying when people walk in the middle of the pavements oblivious to the world around them, or even worse dog leads acting like trip wires. As for the lack of a thank you they were most likely out of breath or too tired. Even the littliest things seem like a lot of effort when you are tired out

Quick Reply

Latest