The Student Room Group

London Jubilee Line bomber not Islamist

I am awaiting the mass hysterical reaction from the press this morning to the news that the device planted on the Jube was left there by a white non-Muslim 19-yr old LMU student from Devon, Damon Smith.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/23/teenager-linked-to-tube-bomb-plot-was-poker-loving-loner/

It is just outrageously wrong that this was not left by a bearded Islamist. Standards must be maintained.

Scroll to see replies

Oh dear. Looks like I spoke too soon. The Mail says he reads the Koran.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3865254/Pictured-baby-faced-teenage-poker-fan-quizzed-bomb-Tube-device-Devon-property.html

Oh and he is studying (or was studying - presumably he won't be going back) IT at LMU, the classic mad bomber course.
"His mother Antonitza, 47, was in hiding in nearby Torquay. "

ermm how do they know where she is hiding ? hiding is about people not knowing where you are ?
Original post by the bear

ermm how do they know where she is hiding ? hiding is about people not knowing where you are ?

Also, is it possible to hide in Torquay if you are aged less than 80?
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Also, is it possible to hide in Torquay if you are aged less than 80?

:five:

:shakecane:

Because they could know which area she was in, but not her exact location.
I was going to roast him
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7

It is just outrageously wrong that this was not left by a bearded Islamist. Standards must be maintained.

Well it seems like you're maintaining the unfortunately popular standard (across the political spectrum) of conflating race with religious ideology and assuming that his motives can't be related to Islam.

white non-Muslim 19-yr old
Just shows that the perpetrator need not know any Islam at all to be groomed by violent fanatics online...
Original post by Ascend
Well it seems like you're maintaining the unfortunately popular standard (across the political spectrum) of conflating race with religious ideology and assuming that his motives can't be related to Islam.

Didn't you know, Muslims are all foreign brown people according to SJWs?

image.jpeg
Original post by Ascend

Well, yes, guilty as charged, except I was trying to mock the way the bulk of the media do that. Perhaps my attempt at irony was a fail.
Original post by shawn_o1
Just shows that the perpetrator need not know any Islam at all to be groomed by violent fanatics online...

Let's be honest, most British Muslims don't know Islam nearly as much as they think they do like most Christians don't know Christianity all that well. We see on here all the time for example Muslims butchering and misquoting the Qur'an and misinterpreting hadiths all the time when they're engaging in apologism. In fact it's only really within Isoc they get it right. For instance, if I had a penny for every time a Muslim on TSR misrepresented the "if you kill an innocent person is to kill the entire world" quote while ignoring the fact that the rest of the passage specifies who counts as "innocent" (pretty much everyone non-Muslim lol).......
The media was praying "pls be white pls be white" then remembered the general trend with bombings in Europe relating to one religion.
Original post by shawn_o1

you just need to be a sad loner and grow a beard... your new pals will not make fun of you like the other people.
you just need to be a sad loner and grow a beard... your new pals will not make fun of you like the other people.

I can't help being very curious about how someone can be so confused and isolated that they think it's OK and acceptable to plant a bomb on a tube train - which will very likely kill and maim Muslims as well - because they've seen some stuff on YouTube saying it's all fine.

Are people really that confused? Or is there something about some young guys that they think that cruelly hurting other people at a distance like this is interesting or even fun? What is it in society and our culture that makes that look that way to them?
I can't help being very curious about how someone can be so confused and isolated that they think it's OK and acceptable to plant a bomb on a tube train - which will very likely kill and maim Muslims as well - because they've seen some stuff on YouTube saying it's all fine.

Are people really that confused? Or is there something about some young guys that they think that cruelly hurting other people at a distance like this is interesting or even fun? What is it in society and our culture that makes that look that way to them?

these people have adopted a peer group which celebrates these moronic acts... they get strong validation from their buddies. nobody else understands them properly.
Reply 16
His ex-girlfriend Deanna Jones, 20, the sister of his former best friend Vincent told The Sun: 'His mother used to come with him on dates, which seemed odd.'

:teehee:

It's a subset of social outcasts who don't fit in with everyone else, read about extremism online and find a place within it (be it right wing nationalism or religious extremism ect). They're the type of kids who shoot up schools in the US. Usually it's angst and anger towards the world because of how they perceived they were treated in school.

Everyone knows who they are, every school had "that kid" who they thought would probably shoot up the school at some point.
Like that guy on TSR that keeps posting the "Anti-Racist = Anti-White threads" or the Anti-Semitic guy who always goes on about white blonde girls.
Oh so he's one of those idiots
So it was an Islamist?

Quick Reply