The Student Room Group

Entry requirements for York...

Hi ladies and gents, Im just received my Alevel results and it isnt good reading, I didnt work at them this year for various reasons and I really struggled. Ended up with B in economics, C in biology and a D in maths. Anyway, I really want to get into York university next year to study either economics or their business course, and and trying to discover what I need to do this. durham is another option to me also, but as York dont really print standard offers on their website, am I right in thinking economics is generally AAB offer and business ABB? Also, If it were to get an offer, how likely are they to let me slip a grade, inparticular for business, would I stand a chance with just BBB? Also, is me redoing exams going to reduce my chances of receiving offers?
Thankyou for any help.
Reply 1
I think you may stand a chance with a BBB at Durham University (management) but i've got a friend who just scraped the minimum at York University which is ABB.

Have you considered perhaps less prestigious universities, such as Exeter?
Durham and York apparently don't offer particularly good management courses (especially Durham)
Reply 2
Hi there, ive picked Durham and York for location purposes to be honest. Leeds is another option but I think AAB is minimum there?

Latest

Trending

Trending