The Student Room Group

How can I balance work life and time with my girlfriend?

I've been going out with this girl for over a year now and we work really well together. Ive never been with someone for any longer than a few months so I know she's the one.

I've recently left my job for a more rewarding job in sales. The main reason for this is because I need more financial freedom so we can move out and just because I hated the old career path I was heading down. The only issue with this is that most jobs in sales require you to work from unusual hours and you often don't finish until 8 at night, sometimes later. This is fine by me but not for my girlfriend; she likes spending loads of time with me which doesn't annoy me by any means, she's just upset that I may end up with a job that means we won't see much of each other until the weekend.

I don't really want to put my career on hold for her, then again I don't want to potentially lose someone great for more money.

Are any of you guys in a similar position? Have you got any advice for me in how to tackle this?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Frentern
I've been going out with this girl for over a year now and we work really well together. Ive never been with someone for any longer than a few months so I know she's the one.

I've recently left my job for a more rewarding job in sales. The main reason for this is because I need more financial freedom so we can move out and just because I hated the old career path I was heading down. The only issue with this is that most jobs in sales require you to work from unusual hours and you often don't finish until 8 at night, sometimes later. This is fine by me but not for my girlfriend; she likes spending loads of time with me which doesn't annoy me by any means, she's just upset that I may end up with a job that means we won't see much of each other until the weekend.

I don't really want to put my career on hold for her, then again I don't want to potentially lose someone great for more money.

Are any of you guys in a similar position? Have you got any advice for me in how to tackle this?

I presume you aren't at the point when you d be ready to try living together?

Quick Reply

Latest