The Student Room Group

I want to attend university lectures for a few days as experience?

I'm doing my GCSEs and I want to go to uni and do IT after I finish my a levels. I would find it helpful if I was able to attend a few classes of the course I want to do which is also a good way to get out of school and experience uni! Would the school allow me out for a few days to do this and more importantly would the uni allow it?
Reply 1
The uni will certainly not allow you to randomly attend lectures for free. Doubt that the school would let you skip actual school days either. There are taster sessions you can apply to though, they will have lectures from the course in them. There are also open days. But considering you're only doing GCSEs, I don't think you can go to these yet. It's usually reserved for A level students. I think you're getting ahead of yourself.

Plus why are you trying to get out of school? Go to your lessons so you can actually do well enough to get into uni. Not to mention, without any A level knowledge you wouldn't be able to understand the university lectures anyway so the experience wouldn't be helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending