The Student Room Group

Publishing/Journalism

Hey,

I'm not sure whether I want to go into publishing or journalism yet as I haven't had any work experience. However, I would like to take English Literature (and possibly German) at university.

I was just wondering what kind of things I could do to get a feel for this sector, aside from actual work experience, as I think that maybe starting a blog may be useful but I'm not sure.

I would love to get some ideas and hear about any of your experiences~

Thanks! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by bxcks_
Hey,

I'm not sure whether I want to go into publishing or journalism yet as I haven't had any work experience. However, I would like to take English Literature (and possibly German) at university.

I was just wondering what kind of things I could do to get a feel for this sector, aside from actual work experience, as I think that maybe starting a blog may be useful but I'm not sure.

I would love to get some ideas and hear about any of your experiences~

Thanks! :smile:

I'm looking into Publishing at uni, it is a possible route if your interested. It's at UAL and it does Publishing and Journalism in one so its worth a look at. The uni was great and you don't need any real experience for this course just A Levels really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending