The Student Room Group

A Level Options Medicine

I'm hoping to study medicine and hopefully I'll be trying for some high flying universities ie. Oxbridge. Soon, we have to submit our A level options.
I'll definitely take maths, chemistry and biology but I don't know what to do for my final two. I'm pretty strong in English and languages and I really enjoy maths(so maybe further maths)? What about physics? What a level options will help me to set a good foundation for studying medicine?
Lots of info here about applying for Medicine, including academic requirements : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine

Read it ALL carefully.
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Maths with Further Maths are quite common, especially for the Universities that you're wanting to apply to. It's also good to have a contrasting subject such as History, English Language, English Literature, or a language. I would have a look at some of the threads on TSR and see what A-Level combinations successful applicants have.

Pick your A-Level options carefully. It's great to have a career in mind, and I wish you every luck, but please remember that you have two years of the subjects you will be taking so please make sure you're interested in the subjects that you choose.

Best of luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending