The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Not meeting GCSE grade B requirement in English..

Hey,

I really like the International Business and Banking, Finance and Management course at Loughborough uni. The entry critera in these courses say: "Strong GCSE profile including minimum grade B in Maths and English Language (or equivalent) " . However, I've got a B in maths but a C in english language :frown:, but overall my GCSE's are actually really good I guess. I've achieved 2 A's, 4 B's and 4C's. I also think that I will be able to achieve AAB in my A levels

Do you think that Loughborough would still consider me, even tho I have a grade C in english language GCSE?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lucky987
Hey,

I really like the International Business and Banking, Finance and Management course at Loughborough uni. The entry critera in these courses say: "Strong GCSE profile including minimum grade B in Maths and English Language (or equivalent) " . However, I've got a B in maths but a C in english language :frown:, but overall my GCSE's are actually really good I guess. I've achieved 2 A's, 4 B's and 4C's. I also think that I will be able to achieve AAB in my A levels

Do you think that Loughborough would still consider me, even tho I have a grade C in english language GCSE?

Hi Lucky987

Great that you're considering Loughborough for your degree. :smile:

I honestly can't tell you if it would be a issue or not. Possibly not, but only admissions selectors can make that decision and it's based on lots of different criterea.

I think the best thing to do would be to get in touch with the business school directly and they'd be able to give you a much clearer indication.
You can contact a lady called Charlotte Connor email: [email protected] or call 01509 223393. She's really nice and will be able to answer your query.

Hope this helps
Vicky
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
As the other person said, contact the admissions. My mate got refused from a different uni just because he had a C in maths GCSE and they wanted at least a B and he had really high grades otherwise so depends on uni. It's not too late to ask your school/college if you can retake GCSE English tho. They will probably agree it you think you can do better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending