The Student Room Group

A question about uni

I would like to pursue a career in pharmacy but in Uni they would like a B in English language GCSE but i only got a C however i did get an A* in english lit would unis still accept me?
Which Uni?

If you check the following MPharm courses .... Portsmouth wants C, Lincoln wants C, Liverpool John Moores wants C, Wolverhampton wants C, Huddersfield wants C. That 5 choices for a start.

And of course you could also simply retake English GCSE this year alongside your A levels etc - just ask your school, then add it as a retake on your UCAS application.

And if you are talking about A* A levels, no this doesn't 'bump up' inadequate GCSEs. If a Uni says they want GCSEs at B that IS what they want.
Reply 2
Original post by returnmigrant
Which Uni?

If you check the following MPharm courses .... Portsmouth wants C, Lincoln wants C, Liverpool John Moores wants C, Wolverhampton wants C, Huddersfield wants C. That 5 choices for a start.

And of course you could also simply retake English GCSE this year alongside your A levels etc - just ask your school, then add it as a retake on your UCAS application.

And if you are talking about A* A levels, no this doesn't 'bump up' inadequate GCSEs. If a Uni says they want GCSEs at B that IS what they want.

Maybe Aston, Birmingham, manchester
Looooooool!
How does one get an A* in lit and a C in Language?!
Original post by Lucky10
Maybe Aston, Birmingham, manchester

A degree in Pharmacy is vocationally focussed. If the degree is accredited by the GPC then it is worth exactly the same as any other MPharm in employers eyes (see https://www.pharmacyregulation.org/education/pharmacist/accredited-mpharm-degrees).

Do not fall into the trap of thinking that a Uni that asks for higher grades is 'better'. It isnt. Go and have a look at Unis like those I listed before you assume that you are somehow 'too good' to apply there.

Or retake that GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending