The Student Room Group

Driving test advice

So i have my driving test next week and was wondering if anyone had any advice? i had 2 majors on my last mock test (one for not positioning the car on the right on a one way road and the second for not slowing down when meeting traffic) both which ive learnt from and won't repeat hopefully and 2 minors! I have one more mock test this weekend as well as an hour before the test to go over manoeuvres etc. I am confident in my driving but does anyone have any advice to calm my nerves and ace the test?
Original post by zakiah nasir
So i have my driving test next week and was wondering if anyone had any advice? i had 2 majors on my last mock test (one for not positioning the car on the right on a one way road and the second for not slowing down when meeting traffic) both which ive learnt from and won't repeat hopefully and 2 minors! I have one more mock test this weekend as well as an hour before the test to go over manoeuvres etc. I am confident in my driving but does anyone have any advice to calm my nerves and ace the test?

One thing I'd suggest is to keep reminding yourself that this test isn't final, if you fail this time, you can have another go, so try not to stress over whether you pass or not. Also, if you make a mistake like taking a wrong turn, or even if you think you've got a major fault, don't dwell on it and focus on the next part of the test. I know it's easier said than done, but what you perceive as a huge mistake may actually not be, so don't panic if you do go wrong.

Best of luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest