The Student Room Group

Skin Help

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had any advice or experience regarding getting rid of acne scars, shrinking pores/getting rid of blackheads, and keratosis pilaris. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

**Disclaimer: I am a undergraduate student participating in a virtual ethnography assignment. You may or may not be quoted in my paper and if you would like to be omitted then please let me know (:
The BEST home made mask i've used is green tea with honey. What you do is take out the tea from the bag and put aome honey in it, mix them together and put it on your face for 15 mins. It gets a bit messy but worth it. Do this at least twice a week. Not only it helps with acne scars but also reduces the redness and is a great exfoliator for the skin too! It works wonders. Consistency is the key though! :smile:

Good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by 01student19
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had any advice or experience regarding getting rid of acne scars, shrinking pores/getting rid of blackheads, and keratosis pilaris. (:

When you reach the age of puberty, breakouts is a normal thing. We have to remember that don’t touch your acne marks, otherwise it will remain forever. Things you can apply on your acne are:

Use Neutrogena face wash for acne
Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel
Mederma Scar Cream Plus
Clean & Clear Persa-Gel

Why I have mentioned these products name? Because natural remedies are found to be not useful. If you apply lemon, turmeric powder to your skin, they will dark your skin. They don’t remove the dark spot completely. My advice is to use above mentioned products. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Hello. Thanks for the reply. I don't really have intense acne scars but they can be viewed as sort of dents in the skin if that makes any sense? I currently use Cetaphil and don't really apply any medication since my skin is fairly clear and I don't experience much breakouts anymore. What I kind of do have an issue on my face is blackheads and pores around my nose region. I use blackhead strips however the blackheads eventually come back.

Original post by annabirks
When you reach the age of puberty, breakouts is a normal thing. We have to remember that don’t touch your acne marks, otherwise it will remain forever. Things you can apply on your acne are:

Use Neutrogena face wash for acne
Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel
Mederma Scar Cream Plus
Clean & Clear Persa-Gel

Why I have mentioned these products name? Because natural remedies are found to be not useful. If you apply lemon, turmeric powder to your skin, they will dark your skin. They don’t remove the dark spot completely. My advice is to use above mentioned products.
Reply 4
I know what you're talking about because I've had problem skin on my face all my life I've had acne and black spots all my teenage life. It was disgusting and ugly, so I decided to find Skin tags solutions because I was tired of getting taunted by my classmates because of these skin problems. After a long search I still managed to find a great article in which I found a cure for these acne that plagued me all my life. This means that I got rid of all my problems. That is why I can recommend it to you, if you have any questions, you can write to me in PM
(edited 3 years ago)
This is all I know: after cleansing, use salicylic acid for the pores. KP can’t be cured but I’ve noticed it looks worse when I’ve worn jeans and better with pyjamas or soft material. It’s basically just flares up or down, it can’t go away no matter what products claim to do. acne scars will take ages to fade but chemically exfoliate them and I’ve heard vitamin C acts to brighten them

Quick Reply

Latest