The Student Room Group

Economics Essay Help

I have my final Economics essay for a class due in just under two weeks. The question I chose to answer is

3. Outline the manner in which Pareto constructed his notion of a Pareto efficient economy? In terms of distribution, what does a Pareto efficient economy look like? In answering this question consider the methods or arguments employed by Pareto in relation to both efficiency and distribution.

The problem I'm having with this is that we are told only to refer to the readings which the teacher has given us.
"In answering their chosen question students need to refer to the relevant readings in Module 4
"
Out of the readings there is only one which is based on pareto which is just his article "The new theories of economics" This is quite a short piece (only about 20 pages). and doesn't really go into what the question is asking, unless I'm missing something here. The teacher clearly says that work that reflects the use of outside sources not from within this unit will score poorly, so I can't just go off and look at more of his work where he actually goes more into this, or other journal articles or any of that.

I have no idea how I'm meant to write a so called 200 word "RESEARCH ESSAY" with such limited information, especially when it seems like the reading doesn't really cover the question.
I had to choose this topic as I have exams in 2 weeks as well, so I just don't have time to pick one of the other questions where he wants us to read 1000 or so pages, especially when I don't have much knowledge on them.

I feel like only having 1 source for a 2000 word "research essay" seems quite stupid, seeing most of the time you are expected to research the topic and refer to multiple sources.

Does anyone have any tips that could possibly help me, has anyone ever read this work of Pareto's? I just have no idea how I am meant to write a 2000 word research essay using only one source that doesn't completely cover the topic.

Quick Reply

Latest