The Student Room Group

Being approached

Have you ever been rejected by your crush, opposite sex or same sex?

How did you react, did it knock your confidence really badly?

I am asking because recently a girl approached me and asked me out. but I was so shocked that I didn't know how to react and anxiously hesitated and walked away awkwardly without answering and left her standing there.
Reply 1
Original post by London Shrewdest

I am asking because recently a girl approached me and asked me out. but I was so shocked that I didn't know how to react and anxiously hesitated and walked away awkwardly without answering and left her standing there.

Meet up with her and say how you feel and why did you hesitated at the time.
Reply 2
Ive been rejected once, It stung like a b****. It did knock my confidence because it was the first time id gotten rejected so it hurt. thats what happens when you fall for a fuxkboy :h:

OP I think you should tell the girl why you suddenly walked away, speak to her privately?
Its all about perception. Some people are hurt by rejection because it makes them feel like they as a person were not worthy, when in reality the other person just wasn't interested.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mkap
Ive been rejected once, It stung like a b****. It did knock my confidence because it was the first time id gotten rejected so it hurt. thats what happens when you fall for a fuxkboy :h:

OP I think you should tell the girl why you suddenly walked away, speak to her privately?

Oh! Did he lead you on, and made you think he was interested?

And what is a "fuxboy"?

I have heard this word many times, but it seems to have different meanings.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lucky10
Meet up with her and say how you feel and why did you hesitated at the time.

Yes thank you,I think I was just taken back that a girl would approach me, that it caused me to spas out.
Reply 6
Oh! Did he lead you on, and made you think he was interested?

And what is a "fuxboy"?

I have this word many times, but it seems to have different meanings.

well yeah he was interested me sexually but not for a relationship.

a f*** boy is basically a guy who messes around with girls like a womaniser.
Reply 7
Yes thank you,I think I was just taken back that a girl would approach me, that it caused me to spas out.

It's understandable just be you and take it easy
(edited 7 years ago)

Don't let it knock your confidence. You should not let other people affect your mood; keep you head up, keep going, and things will work out in the end :biggrin: #Moooose
Original post by mkap
well yeah he was interested me sexually but not for a relationship.

a f*** boy is basically a guy who messes around with girls like a womaniser.

Oh right, well at least he let you know in advance what his intentions were.

Must guys would pretend to want a relationship with the girl for an opportunity to use her for her body. Then duck out.
Original post by OvergrownMoose
Don't let it knock your confidence. You should not let other people affect your mood; keep you head up, keep going, and things will work out in the end :biggrin: #Moooose

Why do you hash tag Moose at the end of every sentence?
Why do you hash tag Moose at the end of every sentence?

It's my trademark :wink: #Moooose
It's my trademark :wink: #Moooose

Your trademark?:rofl:

It's a bit overly dramatic don't you think?

The whole moose thing.
Your trademark?:rofl:

It's a bit overly dramatic don't you think?

The whole moose thing.

If you think a hashtag is overdramatic you must be a very emotional person :lol: #Moooose
If you think a hashtag is overdramatic you must be a very emotional person :lol: #Moooose

You must be a drama queen.:hand: Or moose.
You must be a drama queen.:hand: Or moose.

Pahaa I'm the drama queen? :lol: You are the one who made a thread about being anxious when a girl approached you :lol: #Moooose

Once you know what you want to do then you should contact her asap. It might have taken a lot of courage to ask you out. Be nice, but clear.

Quick Reply

Latest