The Student Room Group

Why are vegans the bad guys just because they care about farm Animals?

Why do they get called nazis when they are the ones that want to stop nazi measures getting committed against animals?

You actually care about a cow? omg you ****ing nazi what is wrong with you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You answered your own questions. Many vegans are just as*holes insulting everyone who does something ever so slightly different than them (even other vegans) and give a bad name to the entire 'movement'.

Instead of being a ***** like yourself calling everyone a Nazi, why don't you go on YouTube and make some awesome vegan meals that will attract the masses?

There you go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because some of them are overzealous. I have a vegan friend and every single time I go out with her and buy something with dairy in it, she goes nuts and gives me long lectures on milk being murder or some BS. I'm a vegetarian so I don't touch meat anyway but the way some vegans are is just annoying.
In ecological terms we'd likely all be better off murdering most of the cows given the amount of land they take up, but the meat industry insists on replacing them afterwards.

what can ya do, eh?
Reply 4
Because, stereotypically, they spend far more time talking about the virtues of their diet and such than any other group.
Reply 5
It's because they tend to be obnoxious about being vegan, so in turn people are obnoxious to them about how they're freaks for not eating meat. It's an endless loop of disagreement on food, especially with the people that take it seriously.

We haven't reached the point where we can make fake meat that tastes just as good and provides the same amount of protein as the real thing at an effective cost. I'd happily go vegan if we developed to that point.
Reply 6
It would help when people (some vegans) stop comparing the killing of animals to something like Nazis or slavery or the bombing of Hiroshima, which is what one user has used against me as some sort of counterargument.
It's not the caring about animals that gets vegans a bad rep.

It's the (probably minority - but unfortunately the loudest) ones who shove their views in the face of everyone they meet, talk about their dietry choices alllllll the time, and send unsolicited and disturbing photos to people with no warning or filter, trying to force people to change their minds. The ones who judge those who don't agree with them as lesser human beings. That's where the Nazi comparison comes from.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by _Fergo
You answered your own questions. Many vegans are just as*holes insulting everyone who does something ever so slightly different than them (even other vegans) and give a bad name to the entire 'movement'.

Plenty of people who eat meat that do the exact same thing. Never hear them getting called nazis.

Instead of being a ***** like yourself calling everyone a Nazi, why don't you go on YouTube and make some awesome vegan meals that will attract the masses?

I didn't call anyone a nazi. I was asking why vegans get called nazis when they are far from it. Where did I call those that eat meat nazis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Retired_Messiah
In ecological terms we'd likely all be better off murdering most of the cows given the amount of land they take up, but the meat industry insists on replacing them afterwards.

what can ya do, eh?

Its the way they are treated more than anything that gets to me.
Reply 10
Original post by dontcallmesammy
It's not the aring aout animals that gets vegans a bad rep.

It's the (probably minority - but unfortunately the loudest) ones who shove their views in the face of everyone they meet, talk about their dietry choices alllllll the time, and send unsolicited and disturbing photos to people with no warning or filter, trying to force people to change their minds. The ones who judge those who don't agree with them as lesser human beings. That's where the Nazi comparison comes from.

Do you personally know vegans that do this?
I'm vegan so I can say this- it gets really annoying when people start throwing the benefits of being vegan in other people's faces. FOOD IS AWESOME, whatever food you choose to eat. I don't think anything should be forced on anyone.
Reply 12
Original post by PixelatedOwl
I'm vegan so I can say this- it gets really annoying when people start throwing the benefits of being vegan in other people's faces. FOOD IS AWESOME, whatever food you choose to eat. I don't think anything should be forced on anyone.

What wrong with saying what the benefits of being vegan are if diet is the topic of conversation? Also this forced word is used far too much. It almost like if you give another person an alternative view point you all all of a sudden 'forcing' your beliefs onto them apparently. So if someone asks you about veganism and you tell them what you think are the benefits of it does that mean you forcing your 'beliefs' onto them?

My idea of forced would be a vegan pointing a gun at someone and making them eat vegan food. I don't think that has ever happened.
Original post by requt
Do you personally know vegans that do this?

Yes. Several, in fact.

Original post by requt
What wrong with saying what the benefits of being vegan are if diet is the topic of conversation? Also this forced word is used far too much. It almost like if you give another person an alternative view point you all all of a sudden 'forcing' your beliefs onto them apparently. So if someone asks you about veganism and you tell them what you think are the benefits of it does that mean you forcing your 'beliefs' onto them?

If it's the topic of conversation and a vegan gives their viewpoint, it's fine. That's not "forcing" anything. What's not fine is when it's not the topic of conversation, or the non-vegan expresses they have no interest in talking or hearing aabout it, or listens and then says they still don't want to be a vegan, and the vegan continues to push their opinion.
Is it here where we can get the KFC recipe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am vegan and some vegans frustrate me as they can sometimes concentrate on their own personal 'purity' and arguing with people nastily and without listening, rather than trying to find a pragmatic and effective approach which actually makes a difference and helps the things we care about.

EVERYONE should be made to feel welcome to care about animals/their health/environment and make positive changes, not be policed or shunned for not being perfect (none of us are).

However, the Nazi comparison I find irritating and highly ironic. I read somewhere that Hitler based the concentration camp plans on slaughterhouses, dunno if that is true but there is definitely a connection in methods and industrialisation of killing there (you don't have to say they are morally the same, but there are undeniable similarities). Animals don't HAVE to be considered equal to us to have value- eg most people would kill their cat before their mum but they still don't think it's ok to kill their cat to have a burger.
I've noticed that some vegans can be quite pushy and ignorant about it.

Someone would post a simple picture of a meal they had and some vegans can leave a rude comment about it and tbh there's really no need for that. Being rude is just going to drive people away and make them not want to be vegan. Although being a vegan is good for the health and environment they also need to remember that people have the rights to eat whatever they want.
Reply 17
because we don't need you shoving your annoying thoughts down our throats
vegans are like those annoying atheists, they spend their lives chasing after religious people asking them why they choose to have a belief
stop wasting your time and mine, you're vegan, good for you but i'm still going to eat my three hamburgers whether you like it or not
Original post by requt
Why do they get called nazis when they are the ones that want to stop nazi measures getting committed against animals?

You actually care about a cow? omg you ****ing nazi what is wrong with you.

I'm a passionate meat eater, and I can speak on behalf of other passionate meat eaters exactly why we have problems with SOME vegans.

I hate it when vegans express that they want to introduce laws to limit meat eating and stuff like that, and when they confront me about enjoying meat. F**K OFF and leave me to eat my chicken and I'll leave you to eat your sprouts, in your misery. Promoting the prohibition of meat eating under any circumstances, not to mention when you're in the minority. Is preposterous and correlates to some Nazi policies in some small ways.

I hate it when vegans who are on Tinder and other dating sites have their whole bio about their veganism. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE! I don't mind it so much when it is barely a sentence, saying, 'vegan (insert animal emoji of your choice here)'. That's fine, but in general I avoid vegans at all costs not only online but in day to day life, they're just annoying and I don't care about their views... I'm not harming they by eating meat, so can't we just leave each other alone?

Penultimately, vegans I imagine will become the new Mormon. Walking around the streets like brainwashed cattle, trying to force their views on people.

Finally, for those that it applies to. You wouldn't sit and try to stop a bird eating a worm, or a fox killing a rabbit or mouse. It's part of the food chain and it's mother natures will. It just so happens we're top of the food chain and can eat almost anything we want, because we are the superior creature. So don't try and force your ridiculous views against mother nature on everyone else. Either embrace the way the world is and eat meat, or stick to your fruit and veg etc and only talk about it to other vegans, please... on behalf of almost everyone else in the world.
Reply 19
Original post by xmertic

I hate it when vegans express that they want to introduce laws to limit meat eating and stuff like that, and when they confront me about enjoying meat. F**K OFF and leave me to eat my chicken and I'll leave you to eat your sprouts, in your misery. Promoting the prohibition of meat eating under any circumstances, not to mention when you're in the minority. Is preposterous and correlates to some Nazi policies in some small ways

There is nothing wrong with wanting to address the cruelty in these industries.

And are you really comparing people who are looking to make a social change peacefully to nazis just because you don't like that change? Seriously?

I hate it when vegans who are on Tinder and other dating sites have their whole bio about their veganism. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE! I don't mind it so much when it is barely a sentence, saying, 'vegan (insert animal emoji of your choice here)'.

Right. So you don't like that on dating profiles someone writes down that they are vegan and they talk about it for a bit? That offends you just because somebody is passionate about something? Honestly why do you care- you sound like the one with the problem here.

That's fine, but in general I avoid vegans at all costs not only online but in day to day life, they're just annoying and I don't care about their views... I'm not harming they by eating meat, so can't we just leave each other alone?

I am strongly considering going vegan now if it will get people like you to stay away from me. You sound like a judgemental nightmare. And you are harming something indirectly though aren't you?

Penultimately, vegans I imagine will become the new Mormon. Walking around the streets like brainwashed cattle, trying to force their views on people.

If what they are arguing is true- may I ask how they are brainwashed? Its just because you don't like what they're saying isn't it?

Finally, for those that it applies to. You wouldn't sit and try to stop a bird eating a worm, or a fox killing a rabbit or mouse. It's part of the food chain and it's mother natures will. It just so happens we're top of the food chain and can eat almost anything we want, because we are the superior creature. So don't try and force your ridiculous views against mother nature on everyone else. Either embrace the way the world is and eat meat, or stick to your fruit and veg etc and only talk about it to other vegans, please... on behalf of almost everyone else in the world.

Though some would argue that just because it happens in nature that doesn't make it right. There are many thing that happen in nature that is considered immoral in todays society.

And again its you that is preaching here and forcing your views onto people by claiming that all vegans are ridiculous.

If going vegan meant you died a lot sooner then yes you could easily argue that it is ridiculous. However, I have heard (by the NHS) that a vegan diet is quite healthy if you find a right balance and I have read that a vegan is likely to live a few years longer than everyone else. So I ask can you rationally tell me how a vegan diet is ridiculous?

In b4 ohhh vegan propaganda. Yeah because I am sure the NHS is ran by and completely controlled by these vegan nazis. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply