The Student Room Group

Ozil vs De Bruyne vs Mata vs Coutinho vs Hazard

For me its De Bruyne, Ozil, Coutinho, Hazard, Mata.
Base some of your decision on current form.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
On current form Coutinho, by the end of the season it will be neck and neck between Ozil and De Bruyne.
De Bruyne, Ozil, Hazard, Coutinho, Mata....

Mata will soon recover though
Original post by Syrianprince
For me its De Bruyne, Ozil, Coutinho, Hazard, Mata.
Base some of your decision on current form.

Only one of these players has a premier league winners medal, player of the year award, young player of the year award, is the captain of their national team and has a fantastic arse

Original post by Spock1
On current form Coutinho, by the end of the season it will be neck and neck between Ozil and De Bruyne.

Literally delete your opinion
At any given day, they can all be better than each other.
But for me, De Bruyne and Coutinho possess some magic ablilties that the others don't have. Hazard would also be up there if he was more consistent and had a more clinical finish. Although currently he is banging goals in :P. Ozil and Mata are also very good. But watching them play (IMO) is not as appealing as watching Hazard Sanchez and Coutinho.
Reply 5
Lol Coutinho ain't in the conversation. Hazard or De Bruyne.
Ozil
Hazard
De Bruyne
Mata
Coutinho
De Bruyne
Ozil
Hazard
Coutinho
Mata
Reply 8
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Lol Coutinho ain't in the conversation. Hazard or De Bruyne.

Coutinho definitely should be in the conversation.
On current form it's probably Ozil but I doubt he'll keep that up over the course of the season. Until the international break De Bruyne was the best player in the league so I'm not sure current form is the best metric.

De Bruyne and Hazard are both better at their best.

Coutinho is certainly talented but he's not quite at the level of the others and neither is Mata.
Pogba!!! POGBOOM!!!
Reply 11
De Bruyne definately hasn't reached his peak yet but still outstanding in most games. Eden we've all seen his best can't expect a lot more to be honest, he is also very inconsistent currently, so both are around the same.

Coutinho is doing bits currently but he can only do so much.

Ozil is just an all round god but can't impress week in week out but when he does my god is he a talent.

Mata when he first signed for United was something special but I believe he's not what he use to be, you can blame injuries and not regurlarly starting for that.

So for me it's: De Bruyne over Eden (just because he's cooler and Eden is overated), Eden, Ozil, Coutinho, Mata.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'd rank them as follows;

1. De Bruyne
2. Coutinho
3. Ozil
4. Mata
5. Hazard

Justifying my ranking:

De Bruyne above Coutinho because his impact on the City squad is huge, they haven't won in five games, since he got injured. Coutinho just isn't as influential to me and he's part of a worse squad (so he has the potential to make himself look even better.

Ozil above Mata because he gets more game time and has his consistency and form down over Mata who, barely gets a sniff. However, whenever Mata has played he's usually done something important and influential, which Hazard doesn't/hasn't so much. Hazard is so inconsistent, despite showing signs of previous form this season, that for now he has to reside bottom for me.

End of season prediction:

By the end of the season I think the rankings will clearly change. I'm also going to take in to account things like expected game time (which is why Mata will be bottom, because I doubt Mourinho will give him many chances or a run of games).

1. De Bruyme
2. Coutinho
3. Ozil
4. Hazard
5. Mata
Ozil, Hazard and de Bruyne are miles ahead of the other two at the moment.

The turmoil at United doesnt help Mata and Coutinho only just seems to have realised that smashing the ball from 30 yards every chance you get doesnt make you a good footballer.
Reply 14
Ozil I'm being harsh on and probably deserves to be in the conversation. But yeah agree Mata(who I think was the best natural 10 in his prime) and Coutinho are nowhere near.

Plus why isn't Eriksen included, who is better than Coutinho anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Spock1
Coutinho definitely should be in the conversation.

He's no better than Lallana and Firmino
Ozil is overrated
Coutinho shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as some of those other names and nor should Mata. Far too inconsistent.

De Bruyne is the best attacking midfielder in the league. A tad depressing to think that he's younger than me. Or to think that City bought him for the same amount we pissed away on Schneiderlin, Memphis & Darmian who can't even make our bench.
Reply 18
Hazard.
KDB
Hazard/Ozil
Coutinho
Mata

Mata/Couthinho not at that level imo. I'd say Mata is a pretty average player myself, Eriksen/Mkhitaryan/Firminho/Cazorla etc are all a level above

Quick Reply

Latest