The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Another can I get into Imperial post :) (please help)

Hello
I am an international student (Korean) doing the IB and going to apply to Imperial for BOTH medical biosciences and medical biosciences with management.

I did the IGCSE (like GCSE but international) and got a B for music and A* for every other subject (not sure how many there are in total, approx 9).

I do HL Bio, Math, Econs with predicteds 776 and SL Chem, Chinese B, Eng LIT predicted 776, so 42/45 assuming 2 from TOK.

Do you think I have a chance? I know I meet the requirements of 38 and HL 666 but since I'm international and the university has a quota for international students, the competition might be higher... Also because I heard a lot of people who don't go into Oxbridge generally apply to Imperial...I'm really nervous because my advisor says it's an optimistic choice.

I would really appreciate any comments. Thanks!!!
Original post by emilyjo0707
the university has a quota for international students
Do they? I believe that there is a quota for EU fee status applicants, but I haven't heard of one for international ones, other than facilities.
Original post by emilyjo0707
Also because I heard a lot of people who don't go into Oxbridge generally apply to Imperial...I'm really nervous because my advisor says it's an optimistic choice.
Yes, it is common for people to apply both to Oxbridge and Imperial - all top-tier, world-class universities.

UCAS gives you five choices, so I'd go for it. IMO, you have a good chance. Good luck!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Definitely worth applying.
Definitely worth applying. Got 42 with 776 and 766 and got in (my offer was 43 though). But just keep in mind that it is competitive and sometimes it all comes down to luck unfortunately.

Quick Reply