The Student Room Group

Resit 1 or 3 modules?

Hello

I am applying for universities which have entry requirements of AAA. I have one B, which I want to improve with a resit.

Should I resit 1 AS module (very easy to get the A because I didn't do great the first time)

Or should I retake 3 modules to make it possible for me to achieve an A*?

I know some universities don't mind few retakes, but don't like several retakes in the same subject.
If AAA is the highest you will need, I would just resit 1 module and go for the A. Assuming you'll be taking other exams this year too, you would probably be better off with only 1 extra exam instead of 3, so that you can focus more on other subjects and give yourself a better chance of obtaining the AAA that you need.

If there's a chance you'll be applying for a course that needs A*AA, resitting 3 modules to get that A* might be a better choice if you're up for it, but I wouldn't recommend giving yourself all that extra work if you don't need to.
Reply 2
Original post by lizardlizard
If AAA is the highest you will need, I would just resit 1 module and go for the A. Assuming you'll be taking other exams this year too, you would probably be better off with only 1 extra exam instead of 3, so that you can focus more on other subjects and give yourself a better chance of obtaining the AAA that you need.

If there's a chance you'll be applying for a course that needs A*AA, resitting 3 modules to get that A* might be a better choice if you're up for it, but I wouldn't recommend giving yourself all that extra work if you don't need to.

I'm not taking any other exams/subjects because I'm technically finished with secondary education.

Quick Reply