The Student Room Group

Relating a levels to accounting

I was unsure of what to do at A level and due to bad grades at GCSE I ended up with biology, physics and psychology. I have decided that I want to do a degree in accounting but I have no idea how to relate my subjects to accounting. Any ideas?
You don't need to talk about your A levels in your PS. It is a waste of space as they aren't unique to you and are already on your application. Focus on why you want to do accounting, how you've developed your specific interests and any transferable skills you've gained that will help with the degree.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
You don't need to talk about your A levels in your PS. It is a waste of space as they aren't unique to you and are already on your application. Focus on why you want to do accounting, how you've developed your specific interests and any transferable skills you've gained that will help with the degree.

Would it be a bad idea to mention the transferable skills you've gained from studying a certain subject?
It's unnecessary as the admissions tutors will know what skills you get from your A Levels and that sort of thing is not what makes you stand out
Original post by SAASS
I was unsure of what to do at A level and due to bad grades at GCSE I ended up with biology, physics and psychology. I have decided that I want to do a degree in accounting but I have no idea how to relate my subjects to accounting. Any ideas?

Don't bother. I cut my whole A Level paragraph out when it came to the point of reducing my PS to 4,000 characters with spaces.

It takes up a load of space, plus, your teachers may have included it in your reference.

Your personal statement is v important in stressing why they should pick you and what makes you stand out- a bunch of A Levels other candidates may have taken doesn't show yourself off. It just makes you look like everyone else.

Good luck.
Reply 5
The only problem is since I just recently decided to do this course I don't have any skills for it. I did work expereicne at a pharmacy for a bit because I thought that was the field I wanted to go into so I have absolutely no clue what to write now
Original post by SAASS
The only problem is since I just recently decided to do this course I don't have any skills for it. I did work expereicne at a pharmacy for a bit because I thought that was the field I wanted to go into so I have absolutely no clue what to write now

You've got a couple of months to research into the degree content, watch documentaries/online lectures, take a MOOC, read and reflect on some industry blogs etc etc

Filling your ps with pointless inane comments about your A levels will give the impression that you don't know what you're applying for and aren't that interested in it.

Quick Reply

Latest