The Student Room Group

Getting AAC

I'm predicted As in two of my A-level subjects (English Lit and History) but at AS I got a D in Drama and I don't think I can realistically get that up to more than a C (although marks wise it is possible). I want to do English Lit and History joint honours at uni, but should I be looking at courses that ask for ABB or lower? will I be accepted on ann ABB course if I get AAC instead, or should I apply to somewhere that asks for lower?
Reply 1
Original post by NathaliaKinsey
I'm predicted As in two of my A-level subjects (English Lit and History) but at AS I got a D in Drama and I don't think I can realistically get that up to more than a C (although marks wise it is possible). I want to do English Lit and History joint honours at uni, but should I be looking at courses that ask for ABB or lower? will I be accepted on ann ABB course if I get AAC instead, or should I apply to somewhere that asks for lower?
May be. What is your predicted grades? If your predictions are lower than the standard offer. Then, they are unlikely to give you an offer.
Original post by Earth1
May be. What is your predicted grades? If your predictions are lower than the standard offer. Then, they are unlikely to give you an offer.

Drama haven't given me my prediction yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be a C so I'd be predicted AAC. Should I be applying to places that ask for BBC since that's the highest offer that accepts a C?
Reply 3
Original post by NathaliaKinsey
Drama haven't given me my prediction yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be a C so I'd be predicted AAC. Should I be applying to places that ask for BBC since that's the highest offer that accepts a C?
You could ask or beg (like I did) your drama teacher to predict a B. Also, if she is hesitated to predict you a B. Then I would give that university a call and explain your situation.

Personally, I would advise you to beg your drama teacher because you can still apply for both ABB and BBC universities.

Quick Reply

Latest