The Student Room Group

Home / International status?

Sup fam, I'm applying for GEM 2017 entry, and was very surprised to receive an email from one of my choices (Newcastle) today asking me to fill out extra forms to help determine my Home/Int student status.

I even received Home status for my first degree in 2008 with no problems, back then I only had Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK ('green card'). Now I am a British national, this is pretty clear from my UCAS application. I emailed them regarding my confusion and am waiting to hear back.

Just wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation? Is it a mistake on their part or has there been some major change in Home/Int classification I'm not aware of?

Thanks for any help.
They really are the best people to advise so your best bet is to wait to hear back from them. I think you also have to have lived in the UK for a certain amount of time.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
They really are the best people to advise so your best bet is to wait to hear back from them. I think you also have to have lived in the UK for a certain amount of time.

ahh thats correct thanks! they sent me a notification email the next morning saying my application is now being processed. cheers!
Original post by Hugh Laurie
Sup fam, I'm applying for GEM 2017 entry, and was very surprised to receive an email from one of my choices (Newcastle) today asking me to fill out extra forms to help determine my Home/Int student status.

I even received Home status for my first degree in 2008 with no problems, back then I only had Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK ('green card':wink:. Now I am a British national, this is pretty clear from my UCAS application. I emailed them regarding my confusion and am waiting to hear back.

Just wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation? Is it a mistake on their part or has there been some major change in Home/Int classification I'm not aware of?

Thanks for any help.

Fee status questionnaires are standard practice for a whole bunch of applications. If your residency could be questioned then a university will ask for more details/evidence so that they have an audit trail explaining why they assigned a fee status.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending