The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
mrman17
Heya!
I got a merit for AEA Economics.. just 2 marks off a distinction!
I'm ecstatic!!

how do you know?
Reply 41
Well obviously he must have asked his teacher for his raw mark.
Reply 42
distinctions in english and history AEAs :biggrin:

i saw the 'D's on my form and thought they were my actual a level grades, which was a bit scary, until i hunted down my examinations officer and asked what 'D' stood for -- just to check!

i wish i'd asked about psychology AEA in time now, tho i think it would've clashed with an existing exam clash, so probably best i didn't.

i was SO pleased though; i was predicted merits and i honestly didn't think i had a hope in hell of even achieving that, after having been shown specimen answers that didn't even get a merit.
Reply 43
how do you know?

My teacher showed me the marks.. i got 107/160 but needed 109 for distinction!
Pippaaa
distinctions in english and history AEAs :biggrin:

i saw the 'D's on my form and thought they were my actual a level grades, which was a bit scary, until i hunted down my examinations officer and asked what 'D' stood for -- just to check!

lol, I'm so glad I got my results on the phone, that sounds like just the sort of thing I would have done!
U in AEA Maths....only did it for fun :p: my AA in maths and further maths more than makes up for it.. I was told that I would be very lucky to get an A...
Reply 46
Merit in AEA Maths, enough to meet my offer, so im pleased. Although I could have performed better in the exam I feel but a little exhausted after all of the A-level ones!!

I actually feel as though my AEA is my only worthwhile qualification though, with the amount of people it seems that got a decent string of A's this year in A-levels! Atleast the AEA is a qualification that the minority have got!
Congratulations to everyone! :smile: Distinction in AEA English... which I've probably posted everywhere (sorry!) I'm just very pleased! :biggrin: Hopefully it should help my applications to uni!
i got a distinction in biology. i was well happy. all i did was read the text book the day b4. i didn't revise b4 then cause i had chemistry the day b4 and that was part of my uni offer. but i would have really liked to know what my raw mark was.
Reply 49
ElHierro
Of course, to really see whether arts AEAs are easier than science ones, we would need to know what percentage of those taking each subject took the AEA, it could be that arts subjects are more self selecting.

True I guess, but I don't really see why an Arts subject would be any more self selecting than a science one.
Reply 50
Distiction in English and Merit in History...I love AEAs they saved my uni place for me after dropping a grade!! Haha.
Reply 51
*River
No, you don't. You didn't achieve a grade, so it won't be certified and you don't put it on your UCAS form.

generalebriety
No you don't.

You didn't pass. You get no certificate, nothing. You have no proof you even took that exam (except maybe some sort of receipt of payment for exam entry that your school might have), so not only are you not required to declare it, it would be pretty ridiculous of you to try to do so.

Well, that's apparently what TSR opinion is. But I asked my maths teacher, who's the head of maths, and he said we would have to declare it even though it's a U. I didn't believe him so I phoned up UCAS and they said I would have to as well.
Reply 52
DeathAwaitsU
Well, that's apparently what TSR opinion is. But I asked my maths teacher, who's the head of maths, and he said we would have to declare it even though it's a U. I didn't believe him so I phoned up UCAS and they said I would have to as well.

That's odd, because when I asked my exams officer, who also phoned UCAS, they said you didn't. :s-smilie:
Surely it's not that bad? You did it a year early after all.
DeathAwaitsU

And if you don't put it on your form, what are they gonna do? Ask you for a certificate proving you didn't do it? :rolleyes:
Reply 55
generalebriety
And if you don't put it on your form, what are they gonna do? Ask you for a certificate proving you didn't do it? :rolleyes:

No, but put in my UCI number into the system and see that I've sat the AEA and purposely not declared it. And then reject me, not only for failing it, but for blatent dishonesty (especially since I plan on applying for maths).
DeathAwaitsU
No, but put in my UCI number into the system and see that I've sat the AEA and purposely not declared it. And then reject me, not only for failing it, but for blatent dishonesty (especially since I plan on applying for maths).

That could easily be explained in your reference since you took it a year early, and you could resit the AEA and get a passing grade.
Reply 57
DeathAwaitsU

You could always explain that you thought the AEA was like A level and you could decline the grade?
I got merits in my AEA history and english, but would really like to know what the UMS marks were. I'm kind of annoyed with myself because thinking back to the questions I'm pretty sure that if I had actually prepared I could have done better. Ah well
Reply 59
Big, fat, black U on History. Really doesn't surprise me, I knew I was writing complete rubbish and wanted nothing more than to get out of the exam room and scream to celebrate the end of exams!

Latest