The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Economics at Aston

Is economics at Aston a good course? And what's Aston like as a uni?
Original post by Gozblack
Is economics at Aston a good course? And what's Aston like as a uni?

Hi!

To find out more about our Economics course, have a look here: http://www.aston.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/abs/aston-business-school/economics-management/ or here: http://www.aston.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/abs/aston-business-school/international-business-economics/

I graduated from Aston last year and I have to say I loved it! The campus is easy to get around, it isn't too big so you're always meeting people you know (very useful in first year). We even have Tesco, Costa, Subway and a few other facilities on campus! The best part of my uni experience would have to be my placement year, I moved away to Belgium and if you choose Aston, you could have the chance to do the same!

I hope this helps!

Nikita:smile:
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Aston University
Hi!

To find out more about our Economics course, have a look here: http://www.aston.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/abs/aston-business-school/economics-management/ or here: http://www.aston.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/abs/aston-business-school/international-business-economics/

I graduated from Aston last year and I have to say I loved it! The campus is easy to get around, it isn't too big so you're always meeting people you know (very useful in first year). We even have Tesco, Costa, Subway and a few other facilities on campus! The best part of my uni experience would have to be my placement year, I moved away to Belgium and if you choose Aston, you could have the chance to do the same!

I hope this helps!

Nikita:smile:

Hi Nikita,

I am planning to apply via UCAS Extra for BSc Economics and Management. I'd just like to know if Aston accepts a B in maths rather than an A as I have just sat my exam and think I can achieve a B rather than an A.
Aside from this, does Aston have accomodation on campus and is it a proper campus uni with everything on campus and what is the year placement like future job prospect wise and how is it financed.

Thanks
Original post by qwertyuiopasdf12
Hi Nikita,

I am planning to apply via UCAS Extra for BSc Economics and Management. I'd just like to know if Aston accepts a B in maths rather than an A as I have just sat my exam and think I can achieve a B rather than an A.
Aside from this, does Aston have accomodation on campus and is it a proper campus uni with everything on campus and what is the year placement like future job prospect wise and how is it financed.

Thanks

Hi,

Nikita finished her placement with us, so you're stuck with me. :wink:

Our Economics and Management course only has subject specific entry requirements at GCSE, being B Grade GCSE mathematics, and C Grade GCSE English.

We only ask for ABB across all of your A Levels. Thus getting a B grade in Mathematics shouldn’t penalise you in any way.

Hope that helps and good luck with the rest of your exams

Josh
Original post by Aston University
Hi,

Nikita finished her placement with us, so you're stuck with me. :wink:

Our Economics and Management course only has subject specific entry requirements at GCSE, being B Grade GCSE mathematics, and C Grade GCSE English.

We only ask for ABB across all of your A Levels. Thus getting a B grade in Mathematics shouldn’t penalise you in any way.

Hope that helps and good luck with the rest of your exams

Josh

Hi josh, I only take two subjects at A level so if I got 2B's after applying via extra would I be made an offer ?
(I know you aren't able to confirm this, but just as to point me in the right direction)

Thanks !
Original post by qwertyuiopasdf12
Hi josh, I only take two subjects at A level so if I got 2B's after applying via extra would I be made an offer ?
(I know you aren't able to confirm this, but just as to point me in the right direction)

Thanks !

Hi,

Sorry as you know, i can't go into hypotehticals or indicate whether offers or acceptances are likely.

I think the best course of action will be to contact our admissions team, who can discuss this a little closer with you based on your personal situation: [email protected]

There are a multitude of factors which effect whether offers are made.

Josh
Reply 6
Chris Jones, Economics lecturer, is the best lecturer at Aston Uni (from my experience)! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest