The Student Room Group

Universities for an international student

Hy every one !
I'm a french student and I will sit the french bacalaureate (in economics and social science) at the end of this year. I'm pretty good at school but I don't have any after school activities which have a great matter for british universities (Iknow that !). However I really want to study abroad (kind of a big dream)
I have several questions to ask you
-What do you think about my english skills ?
-Is it easy to get scholarships ?
-I am really interested in international relations. Do you know any universities whith a great renown in this field ?
-However I know ecnomics and buisness lead to major outlet. Is there any joint undergraduate degree whith economics (or buisiness) and international relations ?
I'm little bit lost so please help me !
School activities are not important in the UK, British universities only care about your grades and your academic interests. Your English is pretty good, I can understand most of what you said. No, it is not easy to get scholarships - most universities don't have any, and the few that do are very competitive. Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, St Andrews, UCL, KCL, SOAS, Edinburgh and Aberystwyth are all good for international relations. Many universities offer 'joint honours degrees' where you can combine international relations with business or economics.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
School activities are not important in the UK, British universities only care about your grades and your academic interests. Your English is pretty good, I can understand most of what you said. No, it is not easy to get scholarships - most universities don't have any, and the few that do are very competitive. Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, St Andrews, UCL, KCL, SOAS, Edinburgh and Aberystwyth are all good for international relations. Many universities offer 'joint honours degrees' where you can combine international relations with business or economics.

Thanks for your answer 😄

Quick Reply

Latest