The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I got 90/120 which is a B. But I got an A overall in English Lit
Reply 2
I got 120/120, and at least two other people from my (comprehensive, non-selective, low GCSE pass rate) school sixth form did too.

The texts were either The World's Wife and School for Scandal (two of us) or The Miller's Tale and All My Sons (the other girl).
Reply 3
Hey i got a C in that module, I did Millers tale too which I really enjoyed but that was my worst module! Your not the only one. Strange how it all works out in the end!
Reply 4
I am not sure about this module, I got A's in every mock etc for it and full marks in modules 1,2,4 but 90/120 for this module whereas a girl in my class who got 6/90 (yes SIX) for unit one and a D for coursework got 105/120. The results for this at my college were rather suspect.
Reply 5
I got 111/120 on this unit which was totally unexpected.
English is marked so wierdly though. I came out of my modern novel exam aswell thinking that I had failed dismally and I got 72/90.
Strange
Reply 6
HI! I also did really bad on this module, despite being predicted As and also finding the exam ok, I actually enjoyed the exam. I practiced for it tons and I didn't feel it went bad on the day. But AQA have given me a D for this paper. It's brought my overall mark down to seven marks off an A.
I didn't do as well as expected in this either, despite finding it great on the day, I was predicited a top B but ended up with a mid to bottom C.
I got a D for this exam.. Was absolutely shocked.. I got an A in the mock exam.. and was always getting As in practice essays.. I thought the exam went really really well.. So I was definitely shocked and very disapointed. I really did think I'd done well enough to get an A.
Last year for AQA modern novel module, my school got awful grades, when nearly everyone was getting As and Bs in the mocks.
We re sat (nearly everyone) and the marks went from Cs Ds and Es to As and Bs...

Latest