The Student Room Group

Notice period debate!

Okay guys help me out on this one because I'm going in circles. My contract states that I'm required to give "one week's notice", simple enough right?

However, I'm only contracted weekend work, so if I had my notice in tomorrow would that mean that my last shift would be the Sunday as the notice period only covers those shifts, or could they require me to work the following Saturday as well as it was technically the first shift the notice period could apply to?

I'm just going around in circles by myself here!
Reply 1
Original post by Mazzi
Okay guys help me out on this one because I'm going in circles. My contract states that I'm required to give "one week's notice", simple enough right?

However, I'm only contracted weekend work, so if I had my notice in tomorrow would that mean that my last shift would be the Sunday as the notice period only covers those shifts, or could they require me to work the following Saturday as well as it was technically the first shift the notice period could apply to?

I'm just going around in circles by myself here!

If you hand in your notice on 27th, this is a Thursday. The latest you can therefore be required to work is Thursday 3rd November. As you don't work during the week, your last day of work would be Sunday 30th.

However, read your contract carefully. Some places do specify full weeks, working weeks, or other terminology - which would make your finish date something different.
Original post by Juno
If you hand in your notice on 27th, this is a Thursday. The latest you can therefore be required to work is Thursday 3rd November. As you don't work during the week, your last day of work would be Sunday 30th.

However, read your contract carefully. Some places do specify full weeks, working weeks, or other terminology - which would make your finish date something different.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending