The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Geography at Liverpool

Hi, I didn't manage to make it to the open day today :frown:
I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me about their experience of studying geography at UOL, what the course was like, if they liked it, any benefits or drawbacks etc
I'm thinking about applying here for 2017 so I really appreciate any help you can give me :smile:
Also any information about studying here in general is very useful :smile:
(Btw I am currently in upper sixth studying French, Italian and Geography at A2)
UOL geography student here, in labs right this moment. I'm a first year so have only been here about a month.

Course is great (I'm doing BSc). About 20 hours of contact time a week, so you're kept busy. You can pick some of your own modules (to go alongside compulsory ones), which personalises the course for yourself. I don't have loads experience of the university so far, but could probably answer some specific questions you have.

Really, the only drawback is everyone hates being in labs 9-5 on a Thursday; not a forgiving day after a heavy Wednesday night at Level.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
my son went to the open day last week. Up till then Sheffield was his first choice, we'd been on the initial open day a while back before Xmas. However after his visit to Liverpool, he has decided that he prefers Liverpool ! thought the course flexibility was great , the Geography rooms are really nice and the Campus is good too.

I went with him to the first Open Day, I thought Liverpool was fantastic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending