The Student Room Group

Biomedical sciences- HELP with Personal Statement pls!

Hi guys!

So just a couple of months ago I thought I was gonna apply for medicine and I was so ready to write my personal statement as, over the past two years, I've done things like shadowing doctors in the A&E... customer assistant at a pharmacy.. receptionist at a GP centre and some volunteering work at a library. Unfortunately, I got some bad UKCAT score and predicted grades.

So now I've decided to apply for biomedical sciences as I'm really interested in human physiology at molecular level.
My personal statement looks kinda good right now but the only thing I'm stuck with is actually relating my work experience to biomedical science. I know how to mention about the skills I gained etc. but I want to write something about the NHS and biomedical scientists but don't know how to as my work experience is more related to medicine which is why I'm really stuck. I don't want to sound like someone applying for medicine and get rejected because of that.

I'd really appreciate yor help guys. Thanks in advance!
First off you don't really need work experience to apply for a biomed course. If your work experience isn't relevant leave it out. Are you applying for accredited courses? If so then the work experience may be relevant as the course can lead to careers in the NHS. If not then the work experience isn't relevant. Talk about your interest in the subject and how you've developed it.

Quick Reply

Latest