The Student Room Group

Quit teaching and go back to industry

Hello

Long story short, did my business and management degree in 2013, worked in industry for a very short time, decided I wanted to do something more 'meaningful' than an office job, completed teacher training in 2015, did supply work in academic year 2015/16. Since September 2016, ive started my nqt (newly qualified teacher) year and I really dont want to continue. The actual teaching is not the problem, but everything else thats attached to it is. I feel overstresses, has panic attacks and spend my evenings and weekends planning/marking/ filling out parperwork.

I have two plans in mind:

Plan A: hang in there till July and complete the nqt year. Use my savings to pay for a masters degree, look for a job after that.

Plan B: quit teaching in December, actively look for an office job, whatever I can find, use the savings to pay for the masters degree.

The only problem with plan A is that I cant see myself continuing, teaching is just so overwhelming! But then again, ive dedicated the last 3 years to teaching to quit at the end, im finding it hard to realise that finally, its not what i want to do. Any advice appreciated
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending