The Student Room Group

I was wrong, Britain needs NO WALL.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

First time I've seen the full gif of this. :tongue:
Reply 21
Original post by _gcx
There was a land-bridge that our ancestors travelled across. They since parted into "islands".

This Land Bridge did not last long.

And they risked travelling this bridge just like the swimmers would swimming.
Original post by 2016_GCSE
This Land Bridge did not last long.

And they risked travelling this bridge just like the swimmers would swimming.

"Didn't last long"

Uhm.
Reply 23
Original post by cbreef
First time I've seen the full gif of this. :tongue:

I guess it's safe to say that is how pretty much all of us are feeling about @2016_GCSE lel
Original post by Luneth
Yeah, then we can kick people like you, who can't swim the channel, out of the UK.

man can't even swim to being with let alone swim the whole channel lmao
Reply 25
Original post by JTran38
Really? Go and have a proper read of the comments on the other thread and this thread and we'll see ...

You earlier said:

Original post by JTran38
Same here. He/she is wrong on the point that Britain doesn't care about immigration and this "wall" idea and is still wrong again on migrants swimming across the Channel or whatever nonsense I'm hearing. CBA anymore ...

Let's take:

"He/she is wrong on the point that Britain doesn't care about immigration and this "wall" idea"

So I am wrong about this point of Britain not caring about immigration and wall idea.

So it seems you contradict yourself. Because if your claiming I don't support this idea of care when you say Britain cares about the Wall and immigration you really like the idea of a wall.
Reply 26
Original post by _gcx
"Didn't last long"

Uhm.

000.1% of Earth's history at a push.
Reply 27
Original post by The_JoKeR
man can't even swim to being with let alone swim the whole channel lmao

I can swim. I go swimming regularly now
000.1% of Earth's history at a push.

Are you a YEC? It existed until 6500-6000BCE, that's hardly "0.1%" of Earth's history.
Reply 29
You earlier said:

Let's take:

"He/she is wrong on the point that Britain doesn't care about immigration and this "wall" idea"

So I am wrong about this point of Britain not caring about immigration and wall idea.

So it seems you contradict yourself. Because if your claiming I don't support this idea of care when you say Britain cares about the Wall and immigration you really like the idea of a wall.

I didn't contradict myself ... What I'm struggling to comprehend is how you think we need a "wall" when Britain has invested a hefty amount for security and dealing with the crisis in Calais for example. Also I don't know where this idea of me supporting a "wall" came about, I made it clear that I don't support it.
Original post by wolfmoon88
The world was once one landmass called Pangaea. The world's oceans was also once covered in ice so people can walk across it... it's how people got to North America, by crossing the Bering Strait when it was frozen...

Humans have only existed since WAY after Pangaea. Humans didn't cross ice - that's ****ing hard - they crossed the land that is now at the bottom of the ocean, because at that time all the ice meant the sea levels were much lower.

FYI.
Reply 31
Original post by JTran38
I didn't contradict myself ... What I'm struggling to comprehend is how you think we need a "wall" when Britain has invested a hefty amount for security and dealing with the crisis in Calais for example. Also I don't know where this idea of me supporting a "wall" came about, I made it clear that I don't support it.

The security isn't working. Adults are getting in claiming to be kids.
Original post by _gcx
"Didn't last long"

Uhm.

Only a few thousand years :p:
Reply 33
The security isn't working. Adults are getting in claiming to be kids.

Fair enough but you do have to admit that the idea of a wall is pointless and wouldn't solve the issue, it would make it worse than it is now.
Reply 34
Original post by _gcx
Are you a YEC? It existed until 6500-6000BCE, that's hardly "0.1%" of Earth's history.

Around 3000 years it lasted. And how old is earth?

4.543 billion years
Around 3000 years it lasted. And how old is earth?

4.543 billion years

UNTIL. :P
Reply 36
Original post by _gcx
UNTIL. :P

Earth still exists. No asteroid or mass nukes YET.
Earth still exists. No asteroid or mass nukes YET.

Doggerland was submerged somewhere between 6500 and 6200BCE. It had existed before then.

Therefore, doggerland existed until between 6500-6200BCE.
Reply 38
Original post by _gcx
Doggerland was submerged somewhere between 6500 and 6200BCE. It had existed before then.

Therefore, doggerland existed until between 6500-6200BCE.

Doggerland was flooded as ice melted causing sea levels to rise.
Original post by nexttime
Humans have only existed since WAY after Pangaea. Humans didn't cross ice - that's ****ing hard - they crossed the land that is now at the bottom of the ocean, because at that time all the ice meant the sea levels were much lower.

FYI.

ok bruv, thanks for the clarification

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending