The Student Room Group

Applying to uni for music and maths, which uni is better?

I'm applying to do Music and Maths joint for university and there are 8 universities which do joint major. I've chosen 4 options, with 3 for music and maths and 1 for Arts and Sciences.

I've chosen 4 universities, which are:
- UCL
- Edinburgh
- Royal Holloway
- Oxford Brookes

The other universities doing music and maths are:
- Keele
- Birmingham
- Glasgow
- Cardiff
- Leeds

Can anyone help me and tell me which one I should put for the last one??

Thanks!!
Original post by karenyim1
I'm applying to do Music and Maths joint for university and there are 8 universities which do joint major. I've chosen 4 options, with 3 for music and maths and 1 for Arts and Sciences.

I've chosen 4 universities, which are:
- UCL
- Edinburgh
- Royal Holloway
- Oxford Brookes

The other universities doing music and maths are:
- Keele
- Birmingham
- Glasgow
- Cardiff
- Leeds

Can anyone help me and tell me which one I should put for the last one??

Thanks!!

Visit the unis on an open day if possible, it is worth it.

Otherwise, look carefully at the course content for both sides. If you study areas of maths that you might not like, then it could be quite a demoaralizing experience. Also think about whether location matters, I know you've got a London uni and a scotland uni in your top 4 so you probably don't care too much, but those unis are fairly spread out so.. :dontknow:
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
Visit the unis on an open day if possible, it is worth it.

Otherwise, look carefully at the course content for both sides. If you study areas of maths that you might not like, then it could be quite a demoaralizing experience. Also think about whether location matters, I know you've got a London uni and a scotland uni in your top 4 so you probably don't care too much, but those unis are fairly spread out so.. :dontknow:

Thank you for looking into this thread! It really means a lot since my last one had barely any replies.:bawling::bawling:

I went to Keele University with my friend and although the place was really pretty, I don't know whether I connected with the professors :unsure:
Original post by karenyim1
Thank you for looking into this thread! It really means a lot since my last one had barely any replies.:bawling::bawling:

I went to Keele University with my friend and although the place was really pretty, I don't know whether I connected with the professors :unsure:

Aw, that's a shame :s-smilie:

I see, I guess if the professors that are supposed to be ambassadors / representatives of the uni seem boring or disengaging then probably not the best place to go.

Quick Reply

Latest