The Student Room Group

A confusing girl

I feel quite embarrassed to be posting on here, but I'm a bit confused at the moment. I met a girl a few weeks ago. I felt that that we got on really well. In addition to this, she gave me her number when I hadn't even asked for it.

Fast-forward a few weeks and we've been texting a fair amount. Conversation has been going well. I ask her if she'd like to meet up for a drink. She says yes. She says that she thinks I'm cute and she was worried that I'd friend-zone her. She also says that she's nervous/excited about meeting up.

Anyway, we organised a day to meet up. On the day, I texted her to confirm where we'd be meeting (just a local restaurant). She replied, saying that this was OK and she'd let me know when she was ready. A couple of hours passed and she hadn't texted me. Soon it was 10pm and I still hadn't received a text. I texted her one more time to check if everything was ok. She didn't reply. I was a bit gutted as I'd been looking forward to it, booked a table, made myself look presentable etc. On the other hand, I was a bit concerned that something had possibly happened to her.

The next morning, I sent her a Facebook message asking if she was alright. She has seen the message and she has been active on Facebook (commenting on people's statuses etc.) but still, she hasn't replied to my message.

In short, I am very confused. I've had quite a tough year for various reasons (although she knows nothing about that). To be truthful, I was hoping that this could end up being something with the potential to lift my spirits a little bit. When I met her, she seemed like a nice girl and we had a fair amount in common. It seems very strange that she'd suddenly stop responding to my messages. So, basically, is she just an ********? Or should I persevere? I don't want to come across as needy by sending too many messages without reply.
Original post by Anonymous
I feel quite embarrassed to be posting on here, but I'm a bit confused at the moment. I met a girl a few weeks ago. I felt that that we got on really well. In addition to this, she gave me her number when I hadn't even asked for it.

Fast-forward a few weeks and we've been texting a fair amount. Conversation has been going well. I ask her if she'd like to meet up for a drink. She says yes. She says that she thinks I'm cute and she was worried that I'd friend-zone her. She also says that she's nervous/excited about meeting up.

Anyway, we organised a day to meet up. On the day, I texted her to confirm where we'd be meeting (just a local restaurant). She replied, saying that this was OK and she'd let me know when she was ready. A couple of hours passed and she hadn't texted me. Soon it was 10pm and I still hadn't received a text. I texted her one more time to check if everything was ok. She didn't reply. I was a bit gutted as I'd been looking forward to it, booked a table, made myself look presentable etc. On the other hand, I was a bit concerned that something had possibly happened to her.

The next morning, I sent her a Facebook message asking if she was alright. She has seen the message and she has been active on Facebook (commenting on people's statuses etc.) but still, she hasn't replied to my message.

In short, I am very confused. I've had quite a tough year for various reasons (although she knows nothing about that). To be truthful, I was hoping that this could end up being something with the potential to lift my spirits a little bit. When I met her, she seemed like a nice girl and we had a fair amount in common. It seems very strange that she'd suddenly stop responding to my messages. So, basically, is she just an ********? Or should I persevere? I don't want to come across as needy by sending too many messages without reply.

Really don't understand people who agree to meet up then don't bother to show. Even if she had some sort of drama you think she would have least messaged you. If she felt pressured she should have said, I would forget her personally.
Forget her unless you really really like. If the latter is the case, message her saying "I'm not mad that you didn't turn up because you did mention that you were nervous, but does this mean that you're not interested" or something along those lines. Good luck bud
Original post by Anonymous

Its hard to judge isn't it? If that were me i would feel the same as you. I think that maybe she could have gotten a little too nervous and not turned up? and then she cant think of an excuse to tell you and therefore she is avoiding the situation, maybe she is embarrassed?

Leave a message saying its fine that you didn't turn up, and that you don't think anything bad of it, you just want to know if she is okay. Maybe that will do it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending