The Student Room Group

is a psychology degree worth it?

I've just started my A levels and I'm doing History, Philosophy, Biology. I LOVE all three subjects but I'm not sure where they can take me :frown: I was thinking of doing foundation medicine as I could not apply for A level chemistry...ANYWAY... I just want to know:
1) what is psychology? (what do you do in the degree?)
2 )would I be at a disadvantage if I didn't take A level psychology?
3)what can you do with a psychology degree?
I just need as much information on the degree since I barely know anything about it! :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by lou_weed
I've just started my A levels and I'm doing History, Philosophy, Biology. I LOVE all three subjects but I'm not sure where they can take me :frown: I was thinking of doing foundation medicine as I could not apply for A level chemistry...ANYWAY... I just want to know:
1) what is psychology? (what do you do in the degree?)
2 )would I be at a disadvantage if I didn't take A level psychology?
3)what can you do with a psychology degree?
I just need as much information on the degree since I barely know anything about it! :smile:

1) Google it. Look at the course content on university websites.
2) No.
3) https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/psychology

Quick Reply

Latest